2,792 results
All reviewschain bridgebeautiful hotelart nouveauconcierge staffdanube river viewluxury hotelfamous chainperfect locationtop floorhigh ceilingsan upgradechristmas markethotel restaurantbuda castlebuda sidevisiting budapestevesham
Reviewed 12 January 2012

From the moment we were picked up at the airport we knew this was going to be a great experience & we weren't disappointed. the staff were excellent, very professional but still very caring. Our rooms were magnificent, very very comfortable. Nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2012

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest in December. I appreciate your kind words about our staff whom you found very professional and caring. I was delighted to read that you liked your room as well.
I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 6 January 2012

Spent 3 nights at this hotel in a suite. It was a lovely room but not what I would have expected for the price. It was just a large room with a sitting area not a suite. The bathroom was another issue. I would expect that in a suite the bathroom would be large enough to separate the toilet with a door from the rest of the bathroom. We also felt that for the price we were paying Internet should have been included. It was an additional $35 per device per day for Internet usage. That was an additional $70 per day. Ridiculous! We ate at the restaurant one night and it was excellent. We also had a drink in the lobby bar while listening to the piano player and that was lovely, but very, very expensive! The location of the hotel is
very good and we could walk to many places. Budapest is a beautiful, friendly city. Wonderful food, beautiful views of the river and fun
markets make it a great place to visit. While this hotel is beautiful, has excellent service and is in a good location it was not worth what we paid. I've stayed in many other Four Seasons and felt that their value for dollar was much greater.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bridgette41
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2012

Thank you for your comments posted on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace. I was delighted to read that you were pleased with the location of the Hotel as well as your dining experience and that you enjoyed your time spent in beautiful Budapest.
I was concerned, however, to learn that you felt like you did not receive good value for you money. Please rest assured that your notes regarding the room layout as well as the internet fees have been taken good note of. We take our guests’ feedback very seriously as it is our greatest tool for improving our facilities and services in order to best serve the needs of our clients.

If you wish to discuss your concerns any further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at yves.giacometti@fourseasons.com.

Reviewed 4 January 2012

Wonderful hotel with a very nice staff and idealy located (close to the chain bridge). The spa and the swimming pool are beautiful. The breakfast is good and the restaurant room is very agreable.
I recommand this hotel !

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo

I would like to thank you for your kind words posted online regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest. I was happy to read that you were satisfied with the location and the décor, as well as the restaurant and the Spa of the Hotel.

Reviewed 4 January 2012

My wife and I checked in on Dec 29th to celebrate the new year in Budapest. When shown to our room and after a complimentary upgrade from our credit card company, we were less than thrilled with our accomodations and mentioned this to the gentleman checking us into our room. He excused himself from our room to go check to see if another room might be available, and returned within minutes to show us to our new room. The new room blew us away. We were on the second floor with a balcony facing out to the Chain Bridge spanning the Danube, with views that included Castle Hill, Fisherman's Bastion, and Matyas Church across the river. I must say this wasn't without uptick in our room rate, but it was well worth the extra money.

After settling in, we decided to head out to explore Budapest. After walking out the front door and again marvelling at the view, we headed out to check out the Christmas fairs which were taking place only a few minutes walk away. St. Stephen's Basilica, Parliament, and many other great sights to see are only minutes in each direction. We couldn't imagine a better location for a hotel.

The hotel itself is beautiful in every way, with an excellent lobby bar offering live piano music most nights. Although we did happen to run across one staff member that seemed a bit curt (maybe she was having a bad day), the rest of the staff was friendly and made sure our every need was satisfied. But to compare it to other FS locations, there seemed to be a VERY slight disconnect with some of the service. At other FS locations, any reservations, whether for dinner, excursions, or transfers were confirmed with a note under our door each morning. This wasn't done here. Not the end of the world but a nice touch.

Our spa appointment was great with one of the better massages I've ever had, but the layout of the facilities seemed a bit off. The pool area in the spa was crowded and noisy on the day we were there, but that could have been because it was New Years day.

Aside from my minor critiques above, we found this to be an excellent hotel in arguably the best location in Budapest and would highly recommend this FS to anyone visiting Budapest.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room facing the river. I would think the higher floors have better rooms, but rooms on the second floor facing the river have balconies and still have great views (at least while the trees are bare).
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dkpot

Thank you for your feedback posted on Tripadvisor regarding your New Year’s Eve spent at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace. I was delighted to read that you were very happy with your second room choice and the magnificent views and location of the Hotel. Thank you for mentioning the staff, whom you found to be friendly and accommodating throughout the Hotel, although, I would like to apologize if one of our staff members did not address you appropriately. Thank you also for your remark regarding the confirmation note not received. It is indeed our aim that our guests receive a written confirmation on all special arrangements made for them by the Hotel. I am truly sorry for the momentary lapse of our service standards. Nevertheless, we accept that we always have room to improve and that we can benefit from our guests’ feedback. Please know that your remarks were taken good note of and will be followed up on immediately.
I will take great pleasure in sharing your compliments regarding the massage with our Spa Manager, Zsófia Hellinger.

I hope that you and your wife will keep fond memories of welcoming the Year 2012 at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace.

Reviewed 2 January 2012

For the holidays, my wife and I thought we owed ourselves a little rest and relaxation, and what a better way than a day at the spa. And more specifically the spa at the Four Seasons. At we were not disappointed.

While we are not spa experts, we do have them occasionally both here in Budapest and while traveling abroad. The facilities themselves are excellent. A well-stocked locker room that was roomy and comfortable. A short walk upstairs (or elevator ride) took us to the floor with the pool, co-ed sauna and jacuzzi and separate steam rooms. All nice and in the comfort expected from a Four Seasons property.

And then the massage. In a word - outstanding. In detail - we selected the couples chocolate indulgence, more for the experience than anything. The massage was excellent and while I thought the chocolate was a bit overwhelming my better half loved it. The massage service was thorough with warm blanket wraps, warm shower (to rinse the chocolate off). All-in-all, the massage service and facilities were very good and highly recommended.

And one final topic. The service. Top notch. Outstanding. Personable. We felt very welcome as the masseuses checked our comfort occasionally as did he front desk and pool area staff. The service was not overwhelming in anyway, just professional and welcoming.

Well done Four Seasons Gresham Palace Spa Team. We'll be back!

Do yourself a favor and book an afternoon. Enjoy!

Jeremy

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2012

It was a pleasure to read your kind feedback about your day spent at the Spa of Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace. We believe as well that everyone deserves a little rest and relaxation and I would like to thank you for choosing our Spa to provide you with that. We were happy to see that you were satisfied with the Spa facilities and that you found the service provided by our colleagues professional, personable and welcoming, I will take great pleasure in sharing your compliments with our Spa Manager, Zsófia Hellinger and her staff who did such a wonderful job.
I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you and your wife back to Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace in the near future.