“great value hotel”

Mercure Budapest Korona Hotel
Ranked #114 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I had spend a weekend in Beautiful Budapest, the Hotel facilities were good value for the price.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JuloJulo
h1765_gm, General Manager at Mercure Budapest Korona Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

Dear JuloJulo,

Many thanks for your comment which you posted on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to read you enjoyed our hotel and our beautiful city, Budapest. My colleagues at the reception are always ready to help our guests giving a map, giving them directions or information or organizing a trip.

I hope we will see you soon again in our hotel!

There are newer reviews for Mercure Budapest Korona Hotel

Reviewed 19 March 2012

I found the hotel staff very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Taxi service right outside was very convenient. The breakfast was good. I was ungraded although I found the room to warm despite turning the stat right down otherwise it was very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank richard g

Dear richard g,

I would like to thank you for your time to share with us your experience in our hotel. It is very nice to read your positive comment regarding our staff and breakfast.
We are continously working on improving our services so a great feedback like this one always motivate us.
I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 8 March 2012

I had a weekend stopover in Beautiful Budapest, the Hotel facilities were good value for the price. There are a couple of things to note. the first is don't get a room in the adjacent building as this means you have to go up one elevator get out and transverse the overpass to get in another elevator - this is a real hassle for people who just want to get out and explore the city. The room was way too hot and no amount of air cond made it comfortable, and the windows are locked. The rooms aren't huge and the safe is tiny. The Metro outside the hotel door made for an excellent low cost stay, close to the Danube.

Room Tip: get a room in the same side of the building as reception.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank RicardoAust

Dear RicardoAust,

Thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor.
You are right, our hotel has two wings - rooms are located in both buildings, and these are connected by a bridge which has a unique panorama of the busiest square in the city. Rooms in "B" wing have also advantages for example swimming pool and sauna can be found there.
Next time if you give us this preference at time of the reservation, you will be accommodated in the main wing.
Regarding the windows, I would like to kindly inform you that because of safety reasons, only the windows of the garden-side rooms can be opened by the guests.

Thank you again for sharing your comment, I hope we can welcome you in our hotel soon again!

Reviewed 21 February 2012

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank David C
h1765_gm, General Manager at Mercure Budapest Korona Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Reviewed 12 February 2012

I recently stayed for 1 night at this hotel for business. I was delighted to find I had been upgraded to a privilege room , with breakfast too. As I arrived late I just had a toasted sandwich in the bar which came with fries , and the bar man was very attentive and helpful. A good night sleep in a quiet room, and the next morning I was given clear direction and map to my meeting by the excellent reception staff. I would certainly stay here next time and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank RWHLiverpool
h1765_gm, General Manager at Mercure Budapest Korona Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2012

Dear RWHLiverpool,

Thank you for your great comment on TripAdvisor. I am very glad to read you had a great time in our hotel.

Hope to see you soon again!