NH Budapest City(Budapest)
Cancelon
USD 757
Hotels.com
1,998 results
All reviewstram stopbeautiful hotelpublic transportsparkling winebathroom doorjunior suitemodern roomsnew york cafethe riverbeautiful roomjewish quarterfifth floorhigh ceilingsbreakfast buffetstayed for nightsshower headwould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 29 March 2018

My husband and I have recently experienced the Hotel Nemzeti in Budapest and our stay was absolutely mind blowing!
From the moment we landed at the airport, a professional taxi driver arranged by the hotel meet and greet us and drove us safely and smoothly to the hotel, best part is that you can charge this straight to your room! Upon arrival at the hotel we were welcomed warmly and professionally by Annette (apologies in advance if I am getting the spelling of the name wrong). Our welcome experience was smooth and pleasant. We were absolutely WOWed once we made our way up to the room: we received a complimentary upgrade to a Superior room - stunning view, great size, fantastic amenities and decor and spotless cleanliness.
Thumbs up for the service throughout the hotel: from the breakfast team to housekeeping, every single member of staff is always smiling and happy to help and you can tell they really work hard.
Lastly, we only food we have experienced (unfortunately) at the hotel was the one served at breakfast - superb! Make sure you book a room with breakfast included!!!
This hotel is highly recommended and surely we will be back again for our next stay in the city of Budapest.

Finally our special thanks for organizing this whole trip goes to Anita from the hotel - her customer service and dedication is absolutely exceptional!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gloria_Milani88
Reviewed 29 March 2018

Very good hotel with some stunning architectural features. Beautiful. I stayed in a suite and it was excellent, although I disliked the glass door to the bathroom. Service was top notch, especially Tomas at the front desk. He noticed when I checked-in that it was my birthday and by the time I got to my room there was a split of champagne and a nice card. Throughout my stay he gave me advice about the area, restaurant recommendations, and exemplary customer service. He is a credit to the hotel.

The breakfast buffet was wonderful and the setting gorgeous. The only negative was the very over-priced hotel bar. Great, great hotel.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

This Hotel is the perfect location for your city-tour! Many monuments, important buildings and restaurants/bars are in close distances to be reached by foot.
The rooms are recently renovated, condition is almost perfect! The only little point are the old windows, suppose they cant be renewed due to historical reason. Whole interior is new, without destroying the charm of the old building. The breakfast doesn't leave any wish open - good coffee to start the day, fresh fruits (not from a tin, really fresh!), specials are made in the kitchen and not being held warm (e.g. omelettes).
Hotel staff is friendly and speaks english very well.
Tipp: ask for a calm room, we did and received a calm one with window to the inside, the hotel is located directly at a main road ;)

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Zoltan K, Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Stefan G,

Thank you so much for your compliments! I was really pleased to read your kind words on the perfect location of the hotel, the design and condition of the rooms, the lavish breakfast and the friendliness of the team.
Thank you for the tip and the recommendation as well. I hope we will have the chance to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Stayed at Nemzeti in March 2018 for 3 days. This is a delightful property located just opposite tram stop and very near metro station. In fact Centrum is just about 20 minutes walk.
Rooms are a bit on the small side but well kept and very very clean. Must thanks the cleaning staff ! Towels and linen are absolutely perfect.

We had food in the bar one night and it was just OK. But food generally in Budapest is just about average.Break-fast is quite good though.

What is outstanding is the attitude of staff. They are absolutely wonderful. Very helpful, polite and nothing is a problem for them.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Zoltan K, Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Dear Eddie J,

Thank you so much for this generous review. I was so proud and happy to read what an excellent experience you had at the Hotel Nemzeti, and to learn that the entire staff, especially housekeeping did such an amazing job. I will certainly compliment them on their efforts pesonally, I know, that they get even more motivated every time they know, that their efforts are appreciated.
Thank you again for the recommendation! I hope we will have a chance to welcome you back for another memorable stay.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Excellent hotel. Superb rooms & very quiet in spite of busy location. Fabulous choice at breakfast something for everyone . Free WiFi. Clean & tidy. Staff were very helpful. Definitely recommend it for visit

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emma S

Dear Emma S,

Thank you so much for the kind words complimenting the excellent experience you recently had at the Hotel Nemzeti. I was really pleased to read, that you were able to benefit from our location and had the chance to enjoy the fabolous breakfast buffet. I also really appreciate the praising words on the team.

Thank you for the recommendation.

I hope we will see you again soon!