“Didn't stay in this hotel, but had the Sunday brunch. amazing”

Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest
Ranked #22 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We stayed in Hotel boscolo, but we came in here for Sunday brunch after reading that they have a good jazz band. That was all we knew: we had no idea about the food, the price, the service etc, we just wanted some good music. That added to the fact that we were blown away by the meal. It was a buffet, like normal in hotels. But rather than the usual rubbish, it was all-you-can-eat sushi,, oysters, goose liver, shrimps, cured meats, salads, beef, chicken pate, and on and on and on. There was a hot food section too, but we were just too full up to even look at it. Really nice desserts, really beautiful food in general. They kept topping us up with sparkling wine and fresh orange juice. The only thing I was waiting for was the pain of the bill (although I would have been prepared to pay £100 p.p for the quality of the food), and it was only £40 per person. Great service and lovely music too. Best meal of our trip,

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sophie_RT
KempinskiBudapest, Manager at Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Dear valued Guest,

it was a pleasure to learn from your comments that you valued the excellent quality and service of our Sunday Brunch. Please be ready for further culinary adventures at Restaurant Giardino, we are always at your disposal at your future stays in Budapest.

with very best regards,
Your Kempinski Budapest Team

Write a ReviewReviews (3,242)

Reviewed 28 January 2012

- in center, back is shopping street
- walking distance to river
- hotel area
- 20 min to airport with car
- nice wine list
- very priendly staff specialy in bar and restaurant

- need renovation

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Couple45
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I stayed with my family at Kempinski Corvinus for 4 days over the New Years holidays. We usually stay here when in Budapest as the hotel is conveniently located and provides excellent service. The rooms are spacious and the hotel has a nice SPa including a small pool. Wireless internet is included in the rate of the room. The TV system was updated from our last stay and had still some bugs while working. I complained to the front desk one evening because the TV would not start and despite assurances that someone would come and check it out, no one showed up. I managed to solve the problem my self though. I noticed that the cleaning was not up to the usual standards and I hope this will change in the future. The maids did not leave enough towels for two days in a row. Othervise everything is satisfactory. The parking fee is a little steep ( more than 30 Euro per day) when staying multiple days. We are going back to Budapest in April and I will review again after the trip. I can recommend this hotel because of great location, spacious rooms, friendly service and great breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Aleksandar G
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel over New Year. It was a great choice as everything was within walking distance and the Christmas markets were located just behind the hotel. We booked a deluxe room which was comfortable and spacious so well worth the extra money. Breakfast was fantastic and there was a great choice. The only reason I have not given this hotel five stars is because it has no bar area, there is just the lobby and sometimes it's nice to have a drink before or after you have a meal. However this wouldn't put us off returning in the future.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2012

First let me tell you that I'm huge Hilton fan, but due one or other reason, I had to go to the Kempinski Hotel in Budapest. I must admit, that it's a huge mistake of mine not being there before. This is probably the best hotel in Budapest, I'm so happy that I "had" to stay there.
The hotel is located in the center of the city with shops/restaurants in a matter of a hundred meters around. Few steps out and your're walking along the Donau river with amazing (especially in the evening) view of the other side of Budapest.
Service was absolutely perfect, even before you think you might want something the very friendly (and very well english speaking!!) staff is already giving it to you. The rooms are also very good and quite big bath.
As one of the key things for me is the service and I Kempinski was just perfect in that matter. Perfect stay, hope you will get there as well to enjoy it.
btw.. when checking in through foursquare you get 6.50 eur discount on SPA treatment :) (not bad at all)

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business