“Rolland is the best”

and 1 more site!
Hostel Budapest Center
Ranked #305 of 682 Speciality Lodging in Budapest
Reviewed 11 November 2016

We weren't able to stay here because our reservation was cancelled due to an error from another staff but Rolland was really thoughtful and kind. We got to use the internet and found another place to stay close by. Overall great location, very central and kind staff. Thank's again Rolland !

Room Tip: Please specify the kind of room you would like
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 October 2016

The room is as expected for a hostel, clean and tidy, lockers for personal belongings.ensuit. good price I was out of season. Central for my needs. There's a metro station not far away and an ALDI to get food from . The building is an old style type with the mesh elevator you see in old films. Brilliant I think.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

We booked a 3 Bed Superior En-suite and would I describe it as such? No. A shower behind a wall and no private toilet is not an En-suite. There was a communal toilet outside our door which was rarely used by anyone else however.
The room was also late in being ready for use by 3 hours.
Decor is dated and in need of redoing but not too bad really.
Staff were friendly on occasion but clearly couldn't care less.
So summary, for the price it was acceptable and the bed was was very comfortable!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 September 2016

That guy wanted me to pay twice for the VAT. Not the city tax, the VAT. For a private room. For a 4-night stay. During the high season. And for banking fees which I had already paid for (c'mon, it's a hostel and you're used to hosting international travellers). Next time, make sure you book via a website like hostelworld or booking.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2016

Arrived at the hostel and tried to check in. We were told that our booking was invalid and hadn't I had an email about it? I was supposed to have received 3 emails regarding how my booking was invalid because I had booked my stay before the hostel had uploaded their summer prices? I had not had a single email from the hostel, in fact I had continuous emails reminding me that my 'stay in budapest was just around the corner!' Thankfully the man on reception checked us in regardless - probably recognising that we didn't have anywhere else to go! We'd booked an 8 bed mixed dorm and I think that's what we ended up in however there were 2 sets of bunk beds and then the rest of the beds comprised of camp beds and matresses on the floor! The kitchenette was cute but the washing machine drained into the shower/bath which was a bit grim! Parking in budapest was an absolute nightmare! The hostel is in a great location and the staff were very nice. If I came back, I think i'd call to make sure everything was valid!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends