“Very nice, but...”

Cuisines: Hungarian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We were enticed by the set lunch menu. On arrival just after noon, we were told that they are out of this offer for the day... The regular a la carte menu is, of course, much more expensive, with limited selection: 2 soups, 3 entrees and 4 main dishes. The surroundings are beautiful and the service is nice. The presentation of the meals is also first class as the taste.
So overall, nice meal, but we felt cheated on: had the feeling that the lunch special is there only to lure in customers.

1  Thank 800Eva

Reviewed 28 November 2013

A friend invited us for a lunch this time but we had a coffee and light bites here before. Lunch menu was rather limited, but the food was excellent just as the service. It was not too expensive and I liked the formality of the place with a perfect atmosphere.
I would recommend it.

1  Thank Beatrix23011
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Lovely looking restaurant backing off from road. Great food, good service, quality decor. The menu is expensive for Hungary but given the quality very cheap for UK. Only quibble would be that they had a low price set 2-course menu and it wasn't referred to by waiter. It is tiny print at bottom of main menu - when I asked he told me. Possibly set lunch menu but if there was it wasn't mentioned. So I had set menu on principle which was really very good. So really a 5 star rating, one less for them not informing me of full range of options on offer.

2  Thank witston
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Had lunch there and it was great and not overpriced!
Perhaps this place is a bit formal for dinner, but you can have a budget lunch here.

1  Thank Pettermem
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Was taken there by business partners and impressed upon arrival by the slightly unusual ambience (a restaurant/bar in a museum/gallery) and by the very polite not overly drilled waiters (w/ very subtle humor). The lunch menu had three items on item, the selection among which was almost impossible given that all were tempting. I eventually decided for a vegetarian menu, and -while my neighbors fish and meat plates looked plain delicious- my dish was the living proof that vegetarian food can be sensationally tasty and adventurous. An outstanding experience and I -for sure- become a regular when back in town. I only wished they would be open far beyond 6pm so that one could spend the evenings there over their selection of wines and bites.

1  Thank Krayberry