“Some of best food I had in Budapest, but remember set menu.”
Review of Kogart - CLOSED

Kogart
Price range: USD 7 - USD 39
Cuisines: Hungarian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Lovely looking restaurant backing off from road. Great food, good service, quality decor. The menu is expensive for Hungary but given the quality very cheap for UK. Only quibble would be that they had a low price set 2-course menu and it wasn't referred to by waiter. It is tiny print at bottom of main menu - when I asked he told me. Possibly set lunch menu but if there was it wasn't mentioned. So I had set menu on principle which was really very good. So really a 5 star rating, one less for them not informing me of full range of options on offer.

2  Thank witston

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Had lunch there and it was great and not overpriced!
Perhaps this place is a bit formal for dinner, but you can have a budget lunch here.

1  Thank Pettermem
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Was taken there by business partners and impressed upon arrival by the slightly unusual ambience (a restaurant/bar in a museum/gallery) and by the very polite not overly drilled waiters (w/ very subtle humor). The lunch menu had three items on item, the selection among which was almost impossible given that all were tempting. I eventually decided for a vegetarian menu, and -while my neighbors fish and meat plates looked plain delicious- my dish was the living proof that vegetarian food can be sensationally tasty and adventurous. An outstanding experience and I -for sure- become a regular when back in town. I only wished they would be open far beyond 6pm so that one could spend the evenings there over their selection of wines and bites.

1  Thank Krayberry
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We stopped I on our way back from the baths, and felt a little underdressed, as the restaurant is quite nice inside. Our waiter said , no problem, and we enjoyed a fantastic lunch with the best Hungarian wine we drank during our 3 day visit. All told, a bottle of wine and 2 mains, we're about 40 euros. Fantastic for this class of food and service.

Don't miss it.

3  Thank MarkTiburon
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Right across from Hotel Andrassy / Baraka and close to Hero's Square, this was a delicious and nicely portioned meal for the quality. My colleague also said they showcase modern artwork which rotates so that could be neat to see - though I did not appreciate the scary clown on the wall directly across from me - otherwise the atmosphere was nice. Speaking on food, this was a nice contrast from the awful tasting and serviced meal at Sinatra's Piano Bar the previous night, this was one of the best meals I had in Budapest. Went with a group with a pre-selected menu so I can't comment on other selections or price but I recommend all items we had: chicken meat soup with vegetables, Mangalica pork with fresh letcho and parslied potato (with GB Cuvee), and for dessert - Panna Cotta with G-spot (I mean, really, what better way to end a meal?). Seriously though, the dessert was great - nice strawberry jam taste in the panna cotta and the named dessert wine. The pork meat fell apart - in a good way - and was apparently a very special Hungarian dish. Soup was very light but nice. It's quality over quantity here so don't expect huge portions but rather a nice elegantly semi-light meal. Highly recommended.

1  Thank distractinwanderlust