“The Proof”

Cuisines: Hungarian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Was taken there by business partners and impressed upon arrival by the slightly unusual ambience (a restaurant/bar in a museum/gallery) and by the very polite not overly drilled waiters (w/ very subtle humor). The lunch menu had three items on item, the selection among which was almost impossible given that all were tempting. I eventually decided for a vegetarian menu, and -while my neighbors fish and meat plates looked plain delicious- my dish was the living proof that vegetarian food can be sensationally tasty and adventurous. An outstanding experience and I -for sure- become a regular when back in town. I only wished they would be open far beyond 6pm so that one could spend the evenings there over their selection of wines and bites.

1  Thank Krayberry

Reviewed 20 September 2012

We stopped I on our way back from the baths, and felt a little underdressed, as the restaurant is quite nice inside. Our waiter said , no problem, and we enjoyed a fantastic lunch with the best Hungarian wine we drank during our 3 day visit. All told, a bottle of wine and 2 mains, we're about 40 euros. Fantastic for this class of food and service.

Don't miss it.

3  Thank MarkTiburon
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Right across from Hotel Andrassy / Baraka and close to Hero's Square, this was a delicious and nicely portioned meal for the quality. My colleague also said they showcase modern artwork which rotates so that could be neat to see - though I did not appreciate the scary clown on the wall directly across from me - otherwise the atmosphere was nice. Speaking on food, this was a nice contrast from the awful tasting and serviced meal at Sinatra's Piano Bar the previous night, this was one of the best meals I had in Budapest. Went with a group with a pre-selected menu so I can't comment on other selections or price but I recommend all items we had: chicken meat soup with vegetables, Mangalica pork with fresh letcho and parslied potato (with GB Cuvee), and for dessert - Panna Cotta with G-spot (I mean, really, what better way to end a meal?). Seriously though, the dessert was great - nice strawberry jam taste in the panna cotta and the named dessert wine. The pork meat fell apart - in a good way - and was apparently a very special Hungarian dish. Soup was very light but nice. It's quality over quantity here so don't expect huge portions but rather a nice elegantly semi-light meal. Highly recommended.

1  Thank distractinwanderlust
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I've been in Budapest while in a short vacation trip with my fianceé. First we've been drawn down to this place by the nice outside terrase and romantic ambiance while walking the streets of Budapest, but soon discovered that not only the place was nice - the food was just awesomely prepared! Everything was perfect: the service, ambiance, food (even the bread!). We paid for the meal the equivalent of 33 euro and it was the best value for a meal that we ever got so far!
I recommend this place to everyone who will travel to Budapest.

1  Thank Xen C
Reviewed 11 August 2012

The food is very good, and their exhibitions are at least as good.
They are close to the Heroes Squre, you can walk there or take the underground (2nd oldest in Europe, after the London underground)-

1  Thank Agnes56