4,837 results
All reviewsrooftop poolcontinental zaraaraz restaurantgallery bargreat hotelrevolving doorjewish quarterwellness centrestandard roomszimpla kertruin barspillow menutop floorcity breakspa facilitiesthe riverbars and restaurants
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My room was clean and tidy, though slightly smaller than those in similar hotels I have stayed in elsewhere. I haven’t eaten dinner here but breakfast is good and the light lunch menu consisting mainly of salads and sandwiches available from the mezzanine level was good enough for me.

The hotel is located in a good part of town, within easy reach of good local bars and restaurants.

This has been my second stay here, both on business, I would recommend it and wouldn’t hesitate in staying here with my family should we find ourselves holidaying in Budapest.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear Richard S,

Please allow me to express my great gratitude for choosing to stay at Continental Hotel Budapest and for taking the time to share your review with us and with the TripAdvisor community.

First of all, I am glad that you found your room clean and tidy, however, I am sorry that you feel it left a bit to be desired in terms of size. Please be informed that we have different room types to choose from. Also, it is amazing that you highlighted our location and you appreciated the close proximity to bars and restaurants. Finally, I am extremely happy to read that you would recommend our hotel and you would stay here again with your family without hesitation.

I would be honored if you choose our hotel again on your next visit to Budapest. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel in a fantastic location. We stayed here for 3 nights in a double and twin room. The rooms are spacious with a modern decor and were very clean. The hotel breakfast was very good with a wide variety. The hotel has a gym, swimming pool, sauna etc which were very clean and not that busy. It also offers spa treatments, although I recommend booking before you arrive as it was fully booked the whole time we were there. Staff were very helpful and polite and will make dinner reservations and book taxis for you. The location is also very good, 5-10 min walk form the Great Synagogue. Would definitely recommend and would definitely stay again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

Dear trina_698,

What a great delight seeing your high rating and reading your kind words about your latest stay in our hotel.

I cannot be happier with the fact you chose our hotel as your accommodation and we were able to deliver you an excellent stay. It is lovely to read that the atmosphere of our hotel suited your taste. Special thanks to you for mentioning both our spa area, spa facilities and great staff, we are proud of their work. We always try to provide our dear guests with a delicious and vied selection breakfast, thank you for appreciating it.

On behalf of our entire team, we are looking forward to your next visit.

Yours sincerely,

Géher Zoltán

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Recently spent a week at the Continental Hotel visiting family. The staff was friendly and attentive, the hotel was beautiful, and the room, while small by US standards, was spotless and very comfortable. The a/c wasn’t super powerful, but we opened the window and were very comfortable. Highlights included dinner in the restaurant, drinks in the cafe, and a chocolate Easter bunny left in our room. The location makes it easy to get anywhere in the city, and the public transit system is phenomenal. Highly recommend the Continental for a trip to Budapest!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Dear Ruth A,

As for a start, I would like to thank you for writing us a feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am really glad you decided to stay in our hotel during your visit. It please me you were so satisfied with everything you experienced. Many thanks to you for mentioning both our comfortable rooms and wonderful restaurant.

Once again, thank you for the review and for the recommendation. I hope you will return in the future.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Friendly staff, especially lovely young lady on reception (she didn't have a name tag as it said trainee) her attitude was so helpful.
Great room, clean, nice bar and lovely reception area and various seating around the hotel, would definitely go back and try to use the spa next time

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor and it was great
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear helen67,

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion about your recent stay in Continental Hotel Budapest with us.

I am delighted to learn our hotel was such a perfect fit to you. Our staff will be pleased hearing your kind words about their work. I am also glad that everything you experienced here met your expectations.

I do hope to have the opportunity of hosting you soon again.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Room was very clean and tidy - comfy bed!
Bathroom was too dark which can lead to make-up issues :-)

The wellness area is lovely and provides best views over Budapest.
We were a bit unlucky as the outdoor pool was not opened yet, but in summer this is definateley another reason to decide for Continental Zara hotel.

The biggest advantage of this hotel indeed is the location as every sightseeing attraction can be reached easily by foot:
-Andrassy Ut/ 10 minutes
-Parliament/ 15 minutes
-Chain Bridge/ 20 minutes
-Market Hall/ 20 minutes
-Buda Site/ 20 minutes
-Central Station/ 10 minutes

Our only "serious" recommendation is to put felt pads under the chairs in the restaurant, as it gets very nosy if 200 people are getting up and down constantly to help themselves from the large and decent breakfast buffet selection.
The breakfast buffet noise can even become more intense if you spent the night before at Szimpla Kert bar district which is also only 5 minutes away from the hotel :-)

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Horsthollaender

Dear Horsthollaender,

It is really great reading your kind and detailed review about our hotel.

I am glad you chose to stay with us and it is lovely we were able to deliver you an outstanding stay. Many thanks to you for highlighting our excellent location, we are extremely proud of it. We are really grateful for your suggestion as for the breakfast and we will definitely take it into consideration.

We cannot wait to welcome you back for another marvellous stay.