“Charming apartment, great service, hope to stay...”
other traveller has booked this property
Andrei's Building from the Street Entry hall
Dining Area and Computer Desk
Living Area and Balcony Door
The Living Room
Wide angle View of the Great Room
Chairs convert to additional single mattress
Living Room Window out onto Balcony
The balcony
View from the balcony
Looking out through the Kitchen Passthru
The Kitchen
The Sink and Stove area in the Kitchen
The Nespresso bar in the kitchen
Bedroom with Antique Mirrored Closet Door
The Bedroom
Queen Bed
Dressing area outside en suite Bathroom
The Bathroom
Custom Sink
Washer/Dryer
View at Dusk from the Great Room Window
The Street Where You Live
Andrei's Floorplan
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Cattywamp...
Seattle, Washington
“Charming apartment, great service, hope to stay again sometime!”
Reviewed 21 August 2011 for a stay in August 2011

My husband and I stayed in Apartment Andrei for a week, and we loved it. So the short version is: it’s wonderful, and I recommend it unreservedly. And the owner and his team are just great!

The background: It my first trip to Europe, and my husband had never been to Budapest before. I was very anxious that this trip be perfect for us, and I looked at LOT of apartments online, and emailed a number of websites. From the start of the email negotiations, John Farago could not have been nicer. It was so reassuring to a travel-novice like me to deal with someone so patient and helpful about all the arrangements. He really took time to answer my questions and address what I personally was looking for in a place to stay.

The apartment is lovely and charming and spacious! The big living room/dining room makes you feel like you're staying in a mansion. We were so pleased with the whole place. Everything the previous reviewers have said about how nicely equipped the apartment is totally accurate. The bed, the plumbing, the AC, the washer/dryer, the kitchen, the terrace - all just great. Having both the Skype phone line and a local cell phone for our use was so helpful. The clearly-labeled USA-friendly power-strip arranged so you can just plug your laptops and phones and what-all right into it, with no worries about converter/adapters? A fantastic touch. But there are simply too many charming little touches about the apartment to list here.

I also liked the area very well. It’s a real Budapest neighborhood, with everyday Hungarians going about their business. It makes you feel like a resident, not just some tourist. There’s all sorts of little shops to buy food in very close by, and a few blocks away, Raday Utca becomes a long row of cute one little restaurant after another. It was easy for us to walk or take the Metro to all the different sights of the city. I loved having the church across the street. It’s beautifully lit at night, and it was great to sit out on the terrace and drink wine and look at it. Even in the daytime, the area around the apartment is pleasantly quiet. It also felt very safe. Being a woman, and having lived and traveled in all sorts of neighborhoods in the US, I notice that sort of thing.

During our one-week stay, John called us twice to check on us. He also arranged for me to have a package delivered to his partner’s office so that I could receive it during my stay. The driver John works with, Alajos, and his wife were extremely helpful and kind to my husband and me. I cannot say how nice it was to have such unfailing excellent service and attention.

So I would definitely stay in this particular apartment again. And just based on my experiences with the people running them, I’d also stay in any of the owner’s other apartments without a moment’s hesitation.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The living room that opens onto the terrace.
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
CNH_10
Ithaca, New York
“More than an apartment - A lifestyle”
Reviewed 1 August 2011 for a stay in July 2011

First, this really is a beautiful apartment. But it's more. The owner has anticipated every need a renter might have. There is written advice about the best restaurants in the city and the neighborhood. How to find the nearest supermarket, pharmacy, tailor, wine shop, organic health food store, the pastry shop...Detailed instructions about how to use every appliance in the apartment...Recommended walking tours...A reliable cab driver....It all made life so easy! We arrived, and immediately felt like we were living the lifestyle of seasoned expats. Truly the perfect rental experience.

Also, the air-conditioning came in very handy during a July heat wave!

Check-in / front desk Service
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Brazil

Your age range 45-54
Woodstock Ontario Canada
Reviewed 10 February 2011 for a stay in November 2010

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: The hosts - thoughtful, informed, helpful.
Liked least: There was nothing I didn't like about this accommodation.
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 45-54
Recommended for:
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Tourists
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing