“Great atmosphere, very nice music, very very nice waiters ;)”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Old Man's Music Pub - CLOSED

Old Man's Music Pub
Price range: USD 10 - USD 22
Cuisines: International, Bar, European, Pub, Central European, Hungarian
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: District VII / Jewish Quarter
Description: The Old Man's Music Pub has been opened in 1996 and since than we are trying to impress our customers with live music every day Many illustrious performers from the Hungaryan music industry were playing on our stage. We also provide opportunities for the new talents. Live concerts come in large variety of syles (rock, pop, blues, finky, jazz, sould, reggae, swing, country) with this we would like to make sure that our customers will experience an unforgettable memories and fun. Following the 18 year tradition, the concerts starts at 21 pm, and ends at 23 pm. We also present Dj sets on every Friday and Saturday after the show till 4. The Olds Man's Music Pub plays an important role in the hungarian music history for more then 18 years. The Musician Museum what you can also find in our restaurant, takes a determinatide place in the Hungarian music history. We also pay attention to provide the highest quality and great variety of meals and beverages for the satisfaction of our customers.
“Great atmosphere, very nice music, very very nice waiters ;)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

Every day of the week live music! Blues, rock and roll, good music for everyone! After 23.00 there is a DJ, playing new populair music as well as good old songs. There is also an upportunity to dance. We loved it!

6 Thank Kiim6

• Turkish first
Corsham, United Kingdom
“Great music venue with good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

I loved the decor in the Old Man's Music Pub. Plenty of music related memorabilia everywhere which created a nice atmosphere. We were a large party and I was expecting some very average food based on my experiences in other music pubs/clubs. The menu was fairly traditional Hungarian i.e. meaty. I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food that I had - the 2nd best goulash I'd tasted on this trip to Budapest. Several of our group tried the Mojitos - as someone who has drunk them in Havana, I can honestly say they tasted pretty good.

• Visited July 2011
4 Thank Pierre48
England
“A great place with a buzzing atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2011

We ventured into this pub around 9 30pm on Thurs 28th June, maybe a little too early, and it was a bit quiet to start with, The doorman was really helpfull and gave us free drinks tickets and pushed 2 tables together for all 17 of us about 8 left before it got going and I glad to say I stayed. We had a ball the atmosphere was really good the girl singing was excellent (all in English) as was the accompanying music. The bar staff were nice and friendly.
My only complaint was that I actually desperatly wanted one of the tee shirts in black or dark blue which were on the bar and in the shop which was not open for the whole of our stay. They could only offer a XXL baby blue one (Who wears this colour) They all tried to help and said "when boss here he will get key to shop" I went back every night and he was never there These tee shirt are a really cool memento to the time spent in the this great place, A sales opportunity is missed every time a customer can't get one. If you read this "boss" send me an email and a tee shirt. :) Thanks

• Visited June 2011
3 Thank ekkygirl
Budapest
“Great pub,friendly staff:)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2011

"We were there with some friends,we really enjoy good live music while had excellent dinner,the serve was fine!And than started amazing party...This pub is our favorite!!Thank you:)

• Visited March 2011
2 Thank Cukorborso
Concord, CA
“I think the waiter ripped-me-off”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2011

During Easter Week we came in here from tripadvisor reviews. Since we weren't having dinner, we were ushered into the back room away from a live band playing "I love rock n roll". We ordered 2 volka/organge drinks & 2 shots of Palinka on the waiter's advice. The bill came to 5180 = $ 28.00. Is this the normal prices? Is this what it costs here? Maybe my wife & I don't go to clubs much? This just seemed too expensive for me.

• Visited April 2011