“Memorable meal”
Review of Piranski Ribic

Piranski Ribic
Ranked #26 of 63 Restaurants in Piran
Description: We offer fresh fish of the day, so diversity of our food depends on our daily catch.
Reviewed 8 June 2017

Had a great experience and great meal at this place.
Initially walked past this place as my partner is vegetarian and they only had fish dishes advertised on the chalkboard. But we returned after we couldn't find a convincing alternative dinner option in town.
We asked them if there is something vegetarian could potentially offer and the waiter, who was absolutely lovely, was sent to the market to buy some vegetables especially.
Both our meals - the vegetarian one and my calamari were absolutely delicious. Food tasted really fresh.
Restaurant is located on a little square, we ate outside and watched local life unfold while we were eating. One of my favourite eating experiences in Slovenia.

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

After an excellent meal here last year we looked forward to going back. The phone number did not work but our email was answered so we made a reservation. We were susprised to find the owner was different and the menu run of the mill compared to last year. We had a seafood risotto starter which came out after 5 minutes and seemed to be plain rice and frozen seafood. The shared fish plate was adequate but average. No flare or fine dining as in the past. Beware this is not the same as it was.

4  Thank bharden
Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

Just one word can describe this hidden fish restaurant - amazing!
Everything was so delicious...from the appetizer (greetings of the chef) to home-made desert...Keep on going!

1  Thank Lord_Lestat
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised by this restaurant. I had voted for a different one in town, but as I was outnumbered by my friends we ended up going here. I have to admit they made the right call (don't tell them that). The food was great all the way from appetizers to dessert and the waiter spoke lots of languages. Don't by like me and pass this restaurant just because the chalkboard menus don't have something you want, this real menu is much bigger and we loved everything we ordered.

1  Thank Rachel L
Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

Had a delicious lunch at Ribic Kantina. Complimentary taster from the chef was fish balls made w cuddle fish & herbs on sundried tomato sauce & cuddle fish ink. Appetizer of shrimps w figs & honey YUM! Then gnocchi w sea bass & what I think was saffron sauce & finely chopped chives. Staropramen beer. What's not to love!!

2  Thank Julie C