“Nice Italian restaurant with staff who need training”

Piazza Ristorante Pizzeria
Ranked #180 of 676 Restaurants in Ljubljana
Price range: USD 7 - USD 15
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2016

This restaurant, situated just out of city center, is quite popular for a lunch during the week. Always crowded and with an appealing ambient.

They serve a variety of mostly Italian style dishes and the food is quite good, at least for this price range. Maybe skip the pizzas as you can find a much better pizzeria around.

Where they could improve immensely is by replacing most of the staff or send them on proper training as they have no clue what their job is or why they are there and how they are supposed to treat and serve a customer.

For a nice Italian style lunch I would still recommend them.

Reviewed 12 August 2016

The food is great, atmosphere beautiful, service kind and friendly, will definitely come here again!

Reviewed 1 June 2016

After disappointing experience earlier this year, I was invited by friends again to this restaurant. in one word, big improvement. Service was really nice this time and helpful, food excellent. I visited Piazza again after few days (living close by makes it convenient for me) and again no complaints.I don't intend to rate twice the same restaurant, but in this case it makes sense.

1  Thank Jure A
Reviewed 13 May 2016 via mobile

This is not place for snob people, but for people who are hungry, which likes good food, good pleasant ambient and worm home feeling.

The prices are not high, and the wine is very very good.

They have special good brancin and Orada, from island Hvar, from Crostia. Exellent.

The gipsy kings music maces ambient more pleasant, you will be satisfated, just go there.

Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

I am surprised by the other reviews I read here as I think this restaurant deserves a much higher ranking. Decorated like the courtyard of an old village, the ambience is unique, relaxing and spacious. I like the rustic feel and the free wifi is a nice little bonus. But now to the more important part, the food. I ordered a seafood tagliatelle and my wife ordered an octopus pasta. We both loved our respective dishes and devoured everything despite the big portions. I've never eaten seafood pasta that offers such generous helpings of prawns, octopus, mussels, etc. Each bite of tagliatelle steeped in the seafood broth, with a delicious chunk seafood, was a delight. The price is very reasonable for what we had too. I'm likely to visit again.