Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
VK_Traveler
London, United Kingdom

Great property with excellent service

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 1 Aug 2017
I stayed at the Austria Trend for one night as part of my work visit.

The hotel is located about 7 mins from the City Centre and very close to several office spaces. The property is well furnished and upscale and the reception staff was cordial and helpful.

I was allocated a well furnished suite for my stay which was definitely a steal at c.79 Euros (our corporate rate). The room was very well equipped with all amenities that you require and had a good view of the mountains and the city.

Most importantly, I was impressed by the excellent levels of service. The food was delivered to perfection in quick time. In the early hours of the day I had a panic situation when my laptop trackpad stopped working and I had to submit a deliverable at 0600 - I called the lobby for an external mouse and it was delivered to me in 2 mins! For that level of service alone, I would recommend staying in this hotel for all business travellers.

The breakfast buffet had a good variety of dishes though a couple of additional vegetarian fare would have been welcome.

All in all, I strongly recommend this property for your business or leisure stay.
Trip type: Travelled on business
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 4 Aug 2017
Dear "VK_Traveler", please accept our sincere thank you for taking time to write this valuable and positive review and for strongly recommending our property for busines as for leisure stay. We really put all our efforts into keeping our standards high and our team's main goal is to provide excellent service in general. A feedback like yours is a reward and a great motivation for the entire team. Again, thank you very much and we hope to have the oportunity to welcome you soon again. J Osterman, GM.
AU$318
Bar/Lounge
    AU$192
3.1 km from Austria Trend Hotel Ljubljana
View more hotels in Ljubljana
All reviews executive room nice hotel spa city bathtub
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 August 2017

The room was very good and spacious. Bathroom and the toilet was separated. There was a kettle in the room but you have to buy a bottle of water. The negative thing: The staff at the breakfast were all rude. You ask for something and they say "one minute" with an angry face and they don't bother coming back. I tried it 3 times with different staff and all were the same.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
LjuKR, General Manager at Austria Trend Hotel Ljubljana, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear "Bengiyle S", thank you very much for taking time to write about your experience with Austria Trend Hotel Ljubljana. We are very sorry to hear that our breakfast staff made such an impression and was not enough helpfull. Please accept our sincere apology. With reference to the water offer in our hotel, please be informed that the pipe water in is of a very good and high quality and can be consumed on a daily basis without any risk for health. Thank you for staying with us! J Osterman, GM.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Excellent place to stay on a excellent location not far from city center of Ljubljana.
Great Spa , amazing experience . Staff very polite and helpful .
there is a cool restaurant just 100 meters near the property with excellent food.

Super clean.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank mihailos2015

Dear "Mihailo S", please accept our sincere thank you for taking time to write about your positive experience with Austria Trend Hotel Ljubljana. We are pleased to know that all your expectations were met during your stay. We look forward to your next visit! J Osterman, GM.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

This hotel was great for us ,four women who stayed 5 nights in July. The twin rooms were quiet and spacious and with a room divider which we used to give us the equivalent of single rooms. The breakfasts were superb, good quality and great selection of hot and cold food. It is approximately 5/10 mins by taxi into the centre, either at the shuttle times or for 6 euros at other times. We found the staff we dealt with pleasant and helpful. We will be recommending to friends.

Date of stay: July 2017
LjuKR, General Manager at Austria Trend Hotel Ljubljana, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Dear "Jean C", we are very pleased that the hotel was great for your. Thank you for staying with and for this review as well for recommending us to your friends. Looking forward also to your next visit! J Osterman, GM.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Ljubljana is a romantic(ish) city - but romantic(ish) hotels in the city centre and car parking aren't best friends, so if you have to have a car for your visit to the capital (if you're on a tour of the country, like me) then stay here. Car parking is right in front of the hotel and the €1.20 buses leave for the city centre (3.5 km away) from just across the street every few minutes (ask hotel reception how to pay for the bus).

Buffet breakfast is generous (fairly good quality) and there is a huge gym. Large rooms, friendly service especially at the front desk. Minibar/fridge and room safe. Good bandwidth free wifi.

No atmosphere, characterless, ideal for tour groups and (their favourite) visiting foreign football teams. Basically an averaqe ++ quality anonymous large good value modern hotel that you choose for practical reasons not for character. In that role it's perfect. No complaints. But if you're not encumbered with a car there are more interesting places in the centre of town. I particularly missed outdoor seating on the hot summer days I was there.

A bit of a non sequitur .... when you return your hire car to the airport your may have trouble finding somewhere to fill the tank. There is a petrol station about three km from the airport on a small side road (which I found just by driving around) and also one about 1-2 km further along the motorway after the airport turnoff (in which case you will have to double back) but you may find it less hassle to fill up in town and run the very small risk of incurring a top-up fee (depending on the sensitivity of your car's fuel gauge - most cars still register as 'full' after 30km driving)

1  Thank colin w
LjuKR, General Manager at Austria Trend Hotel Ljubljana, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Dear "Amstraveler", thank you so much for your detailed and positive review. Looking forward to your next "by car" visit! J Osterman, GM.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

The part I loved about Ljubljana was having two nights and days to explore the city and nearby mountains and lakes.The bad part was spending those two nights at this hotel. It was part of a tour package, and this Austria Trend property was the most disappointing hotel I’ve seen in years.
It’s too far away from the historic old town. There is nothing nearby for interesting dining, walking or shopping. (The small local shopping facility adjacent to the hotel is bleak, mostly empty, with just a few unattractive eateries.)
There’s not much in the neighborhood for walking --- office buildings, manufacturing centers, apartment housing, and a freeway. You’ll need a taxi to get you into Old Town, which has nice markets, streets, shopping, and historical buildings to explore.
The hotel lobby gave a nice first impression and my room was larger than average with a sofa, cocktail table and club chair. It went downhill from there.
The bed is the fold-up hide-a-bed type; just a simple platform of wood that lowers from a wooden box in the wall. The wooden platform sticks out 4 inches from the bed itself, which means there are sharp corners to avoid. These corners are hidden under the bedspread and are just the right height to hit your lower legs. After I clobbered one leg, I removed the bedspread from the bottom portion of the bed in order to see where those corners were. Other tour group members said their beds were the same hide-a-bed type. The bed itself is nothing but a very hard platform of foam. I folded two duvets in half and laid them on top the foam slab in order to get any sleep. The pillows were terrible… collections of lumpy foam clumps, too high for neck comfort. I used my soft fleece jacket for a pillow.
The bathroom sink and shower faucets never kept a constant temperature. My showers went from cold to scalding hot. Yikes. There was no bar soap, no shampoo and conditioner (only a general liquid soap) no wash rag (normal for many hotels), and strangely no writing pen, although a small notepad was on the table.
Before dinner I went down to the reception desk to exchange dollars for a few more Euros, but was told none were available. They may have very limited times for currency exchange. The next morning they still could not provide euros.
This was the only hotel on my trip that I was anxious to get out of. Not a good impression, and totally opposite in quality when compared to the very nice Austria Trend Hotel Savoyen in Vienna. If you are an independent traveler, find another hotel in Ljubljana. If you are on a tour package that includes this hotel, then be prepared to use taxis, be careful with your shower water temperature, and watch for sharp bed corners.

Date of stay: May 2017