Lowest prices for your stay
USD 121
View deal
Expedia.comUSD 121
PricelineUSD 107
eDreamsUSD 121
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 May 2019 via mobile

We stayed here on our last night before we flew home. We left for an early flight and were going to miss breakfast. The staff packed a breakfast the night before for us. It really made our day and made our trip home a lot better. The beds were very comfortable and all other accommodations fantastic. Thank you for the wonderful experience.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2018

Danjela at the front desk was outstanding with her help. She showed me detailed maps of what to do on a rainy day in Ljubjlana, gave me a bus pass into the city center and escorted me onto a bus, telling the driver where to drop me off, lent me a jacket and an umbrella and was just so kind and helpful.
The room was great, spacious, huge bed, lovely bathroom. The waiters in the cafe were great, got a wonderful wine recommendation and a yummy breakfast next morning.
I would definitely stay here again. And Danjela was the BEST!

There is a lovely garden, right by the river Sava, but unfortunately it was raining cats and dogs so didn't get to appreciate it properly.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 216patricer
Reviewed 24 June 2018

This B & B was everything that we had hoped for. Beautiful, a great room and fantastic service. My wife and I spent our first 3 nights here after our transatlantic flight from Miami to Venice. We rented a car at the Venice Airport and first stopped at the Lipica Stud farm on the way and then at Predjama Castle. Needless to say we were extremely tired upon our arrival. A very nice young lady, who also served as a waitress, (I am sorry I did not get her name since she was very gracious and efficient) assisted us until she located Tomas(pronounced Tomash) a receptionist. He assisted us with our luggage and general information (bus schedule, etc.).

We had booked a deluxe room and it certainly was, both in size and furnishings. We were able to find parking on the premises even though we arrived at approximately 19:00. Sometimes there is no parking on the property if you arrive late since there is a lot of activity in the B&B in their downstairs tavern (drinks, snacks and sandwiches). There is also a restaurant next door where we had dinner right after we had settled in our room. It is good and convenient serving large portions. If there is no parking on the property there is a free large lot diagonally across the street with plenty of parking. I parked there 1 night, since we came back late from Ljubljana and it is very safe. Parking is not an issue as some reviews say.

In the morning we met Daniela, the owner's sister and Tomas's aunt, who was at the reception and talked us into driving into the center, about 15 minutes, since it was a Saturday and parking was free at the Tivoli Gardens car parks (plenty of spaces also free on Sundays) a 10-15 minute walk to Preseren Square. She gave us simple directions how to get there. Otherwise you can take bus #8 which stops in front of the B&B every 15 minutes and a 20-25 minute ride for 1.20 Euro each way. Daniela was very pleasant and very helpful with information and easy check out. They can help you with the bus tickets. She also gave us information about driving to Lake Bled, which we did on Sunday, and also about the small village of Brezje, 10 minutes before Bled, where the Virgin Mary has appeared and is a pilgrimage destination for devout Catholics.

Breakfast is served on the terrace by the river or in the inside breakfast room. We had great service from Ales (pronounced Alesh) serving us with made to order eggs and any kind of coffee that you wanted. There is also a self served buffet with meats, cheeses, yogurts, breads, cereals, juices, etc. Very good!

Highly recommend this charming B&B especially if you are driving. Would definitely stay there again. I believe it is somewhat near the airport but not sure. We stayed June 8-11, 2018.

Room tip: I believe the 2nd floor rooms, where we stayed, are the quieter and larger.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Edgar M
Reviewed 5 February 2018

We chose this sweet Bed & Breakfast for its proximity to the Ljubljana Airport as some of our guests had an early morning flight departure. We drove to the airport in 15 minutes then came back to the hotel's cafe for a home cooked breakfast with fresh coffee for the weary traveler. We appreciated the eggs, bread and fruit. Our rooms were clean and quaint. A good hotel for a simple, no frills stay.

Room tip: Choose a room overlooking the river. We had a room overlooking the pub next door.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 December 2017

Dvor Tacen is an excellent place to switch off after the noisy day. I stayed here 2 nights and it was very pleasant enjoying the moments in comfortable and renovated rooms. Definitely I recommend this place also for the garden spirit when the weather is nice and river takes all the worries through the trees away from you...

Room tip: Book directly with hotel if possible, so that room will be suitable for you
Date of stay: October 2017