Review Highlights

Excellent skiing school!! Very well organized, trainers are very skilled and professional. I would... read more

Reviewed 6 March 2018
ManuelaGrgic
Zagreb, Croatia
via mobile
Great snowshoeing trip

Really recommend the snowshoeing trip. Ursa, our guide was so friendly and made the trip fun and... read more

Reviewed 26 February 2018
rnixon25
Staffordshire, United Kingdom

All reviews ski school excellent ski ski party three days great customer service ski company ski equipment great instructor a bit confusing skiing lessons last year via email ski holiday shop annie week beginners
Reviewed 4 March 2017

Very good service for ski equipment rental. Also arranged lessons with Tim, an excellent instructor who spoke perfect English. Recommended, especially if booking independent of a tour operator.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

Service is quick and professional, employees kind. We did all we planned and some more in no time for decent price.

Reviewed 23 February 2017

I would really like to say huge Thank you to Intersport team: Sasho and Dragan at Ski rentals were very helpful and help us with all the requests we had (...and we had a lot)

Then there were two great Ski Instructors Gasper Karnicar and Mateja Pleterski who are very knowledgeable not only as instructors but have great approach to kids and kids with special needs
Because of You we will be back next year. Thank you guys!

1  Thank Maja D
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

We are a family of five with three teenagers. Arranged by our travel package company we hired our ski equipment through Intersport Bernik and attended the ski school.
Although it was chaotic in the Intersport shop on the evening of our arrival the staff were patient whilst we tried on several pairs of ski boots to find the correct fitting and most comfortable and we had no problems with anything we hired, except my helmet which I was easily able to swap over after one day.

We attended the ski school for two hours each day for the week, at the same time daily. We were placed in groups between 8/10 people appropriate to our level and my two oldest boys in level 3 really enjoyed their sessions with their lively teacher who took them on lots of challenging runs. I was in an improvers level 2 adult group on the lower slopes with an encouraging and supportive teacher. The teachers spoke English well.
On the last day there was a little party with presentation of certificates and medals for the fastest member of each group on the slalom earlier in the day. There was also a demonstration by the teachers. Overall I thought the ski school was well organised and a good standard.

Reviewed 20 February 2017

Having been told not to pre-book ski hire we arrived into the chaos of the Intersport shop at the foot of the slopes. The system is not explained - you book in via screens near the door (you need height, weight and continental shoe size for each person) then join the scrum/queue to get your boots, try them on, then rejoin the scrum to get skis, then eventually go to the cashier to pay. We were in there 90 minutes to get equipment for a family of four.
We pre-booked 3 x two hour lessons for our family of four beginners, two forty somethings and two teen boys.
Our instructor immediately came across as arrogant and a little annoyed (insisting we repeat his name several times each to get the pronunciation right) and it really didn't improve from that point on.
The first session was trying to get the hang of the basics of stopping, and to be fair we were pretty rubbish at it, but it didn't help to be constantly huffed at and told off. he even suggested my teens were not fit enough to ski and should do more sport (the youngest plays 3 different sports out of school).
At one point, he quite angrily used a device to attach the front of the boys' skis together 'like babies', and told me most children learn in 10 minutes, and the problem was that at 14 my eldest son was too old.
Throughout all our lessons he was dismissive of our efforts, told us off for not following instructions (we just couldn't do what he was asking, we weren't not doing it on purpose!) and didn't explain the purpose of what we were trying to do.
I saw other instructors laughing and encouraging their clients, while we felt like we were constantly being told off :-(

1  Thank JoJomax
Nejc-Sabolek, General Manager at Intersport Bernik, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Dear JoJomax,

First I would like to thank you for your review. It will help us to improve in near future.

SOME EXPLANATIONS:
For equipment rental there was never a need to reserve skis in advance since we heve never run out of them althou we are preparing ourselves for the next winter so at least PREMIUM (TOP CLASS) skis or snowboards could be reserved from your home computer.
It could realy get crouded at some times (specialy betwen 09:30h - 11:30h) in the rental shop on the slopes. We would realy recomend (for all late arrivals) to use our rental shop in the center of the Village (about 250 meters or 3min walking distance away) where there is allmost never any queue.
Our electronic Check In is a must to have in a rental shop because all the data (hight, weight, foot number) are necesery for proper adjusting bindings on skis (in case of falls on the slopes) so it is a crucial step.
For boots rental it doesnt help even if you reserve them in advance, because it really helps to try them on because of diferent foot volumes. Althou this is not necesery (we can just give you jour foot number size), but is still recomendet so you dont have to return for the change later.

OUR BIG CONCERN:
What you have experienced (arogance) with the Instructor is really not tolerated in our ski school. This never suposed to happen and we are so sorry you were a victim of it. If you remember a name of an instructor or send me your reservation name (so I can find out instructors name) on e-mail I am attaching It would really help us to do something in that matter. This is a serious thing we dont take lightly.
We are glad that you mentioned this so we can act fast and sort it out. Normaly we never have any attitude problem from the instructors but since this is the second one it is crucial we get ourselves beck on track.

I hope we have done something right and you will give us a chance to prove it in the future.

Kind regards,