“Lovely food, cosy environment and extremely friendly staff ”
Review of Gostilna Erlah

Gostilna Erlah
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Sitting as this lovely place as we speak, I am inclined to sing their joint efforts praise right on the spot.
This is our second time here this week and both were lovely experiences; the food is well prepared and tasty; the two waiters both motivated to make our experience a pleasant one and for the second time, I'll be walking away with a smile on my face. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Located in a beautiful place in Ukanc. Very nice and helpful staff. Good food - especially fish. Very good wine.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

I've ordered the grilled trout dish and it was wonderful, amazingly seasoned and fresh. The place is cosy and service was great. We've had the gibanica cake for dessert and it was very tasty.

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

This must be one of our favourites in the Bohinj valley.We have called each time we have visited Slovenia.This is over a period of 15 years.Safe to say the standard is high.Today we had local trout with salad and steak and pancetta scewers.Great.We will be back later during our stay.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

My girlfriend and I wandered into this resturaunt by pure chance as we returned from a hike to the Slap Savica waterfall.
It was a lovely sunny day so we decided to sit in the cosy outside decking, which was covered but open to the magnificent view of the mountains on all sides.
Our waiter was incredibly friendly, asking about our trip and where we were from before he delivered an explanation of his resturaunt and the specialities which is offered. I have never been privelgied to visit a resturaunt prior to this, where the proprietor or server spoke with such passion and penache about the cuisine on offer. What was even more impressive was when he delivered his presentation to the next guests of the resturaunt in fluent German and then followed this up to the following guests in spanish!!!! This man is incredible!

The resturaunt itself is a specialist fish resturaunt and the gentleman was keen to point out that they serve a rare type of trout, only found in the local region, amongst other fish dishes. Myself and my partner are not huge fish eaters, so we opted a platter of selected grilled meats: Chicken, Beef and Pork, served with potatoes and garnished with salad. The unique and awesome flavour of each meat and the taste it punched through my mouth was incredible and I would highly reccomend this dish to anyone who couldnt decide between the appetising meats on offer!!!

The waiter, throughout our meal was attentive, friendly and absolutely charming.
Prior to our meal, he brought us a home made mustard pate and a trout pate, on the house, both of which were yummy! He even brought us blankets before we ate as there was a chilly breeze as the afternoon wore on.

I cannot reccomend this place highly enough to anyone, I would visit the remote Bohinj region just to try that meat platter one more time, but also to experience the delightful service again. Absolute A-star. Many thanks and please keep up the fantastic work!

1  Thank Dan9320