“A scam. Deliberately overcharging. Avoid.”
Review of Caffe Peglez'n

Caffe Peglez'n
Ranked #34 of 75 Restaurants in Bled
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went here for a drink and snack after cycling around the lake. My partner ordered one fresh orange juice which on the menu was priced at 1.80€. When the bill came we noticed we were charged twice for this, totally €3.60. We questioned this with the waitress who said that she gave us "a large glass, three times as much, but I only charged you two". We were confused by this as we ordered one drink, not two, and there was no mention of drink size on either the menu or from the waitress when we ordered. We had a bled cake which was stale, and the pastry was soggy and chewy. Clearly the orange juice trick is what they do to all visitors. We found this very cheeky, especially as when we questioned this with the waitress she casually said "I get this everyday". Clearly this is not acceptable and our experience was not isolated. We would not recommend this place, go else where.

1  Thank Jessica K

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We dropped in for lunch, with another couple, as our hotel is just a block away. The menu was weak but the food was acceptable (pizza, tomato and mozzarella salad) and, make no mistake, the setting is great. The service - incredibly bad. The waitress brought out the pizza uncut, no knife, no napkins, no plates, no silverware - and just dropped it off and walked away. So I went into the restaurant and asked for plates, napkins, etc. she handed me one napkin, one fork,one knife, and a dirty dish from the stack of dirty dishes she was washing. I asked if it was a clean plate and she said yes. I started walking out and could clearly see food on the plate so I returned to to her, walking out. She never returned to table. I tore the napkin in half and shared it with my wife.

If you read my reviews you’ll see I rarely write bad reviews and try to remain positive - so consider this to be credible bad review.

Reviewed 14 July 2018

12.30 lunchtime and only 1 type of Pizza left, straight out of the freezer.
Waited quite a while for it, long enough to see the waitress give everybody a hard time, she seemed annoyed that they wanted to spend their money there. Got the same treatment when most of my change came in 5c pieces because I gave he a big note.
Try to avoid it, better place close by

1  Thank Ramjet459
Reviewed 10 July 2018

It was a lovely setting on the patio under the trees, overlooking the lake. We ordered the famous Bled Cream Cake. It was delicious. The staff was very pleasant! I would highly recommend this place for a nice afternoon break!

Reviewed 7 July 2018

From the outside this place looks nice with the nice brick work and situated near to the bus station right on a corner, it offers a large seating terrace outside across from the café overlooking the lake area, there are a few tables and chairs in front of the café which still overlook the lake area, inside is a quaint little place decorated with things you probably would associate with grandmas kitchen, distressed tables and lots of gingham and very in keeping with farmhouse style. Very clean and very friendly staff, we first stopped here on our first day to be greeted and made to feel welcome. Good cold beer and great coffee which is always served with a glass of water. You do have time it right if you want the bled cake though as they do sell out very fast. Prices are reasonable and great for a peaceful chill out. They also provide blankets/throws for you if it is a bit on the chilly side which is great.