All reviews honesty bar the owner lake bled breakfast room family run hotel small hotel his brother few minutes walk an excellent hotel an excellent host quiet location free bikes yogurt rooms are large traditional style boiled eggs perfect place to stay
Reviewed 16 June 2016

Cute room in a great location, just a 5 min walk away from the lake and the town. Luka the owner was super nice and helpful, gave us some good restaurant advice. Excellent buffet breakfast. Dont look anywhere else in Bled!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2016 via mobile

Well, we came to this hotel for our wedding and we couldn't ask for a better place to be in.

First of all it's Luka.

This guy is just great. Everything you read about him in previous reviews is true and more!

Luka welcomed you with a warm hospitality and great energy. He will help you with ideas to travel and actually treat you like your his own brother.

About the hotel, the location is just 4 minute walk from the lake. The rooms decor is wood giving them a special warm feeling.

We took the big new suit which was just great.

This place is very much recommended and when I come back to bled I will definitely return to Luka.

Adi

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2016

This hotel is charming and comfortable, with quaint décor and spacious rooms. Although it is tucked away it is only 5 minutes walk down some steps to get to Lake Bled waterfront. It is opposite an absolutely fantastic restaurant and the Bled Wellness Centre is only meters away.

The staff are friendly and helpful. Parking is on site.

Only areas for improvement are that the toiletries provided could be better and the selection of hot items and cereal for breakfast could be improved.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2016

This place is fantastic. Thanks to previous reviewers for making it so easy for me to find the perfect place to stay while in Bled. Luka and the staff working there (a particular mention for the lovely,gracious, dark haired lady at breakfast) made our holiday so pleasant, so peaceful and so relaxing that I was quite sad leaving Garni Hotel Berc as much as I was leaving Bled itself.

I am going to give some practical information about the hotel, the amenities and the room we had, that might help TA members.

OUR ROOM:
-We stayed in Room 15. A lovely, big, airy room, at the back of the hotel. We had a balcony with table, chairs and ash tray on it and and it was plenty big enough for sitting out on with a drink. The only sound we heard were birds chirping.
-The double bed was more like two single beds together, which meant loads of room. Mattresses were firm and very pleasant to sleep on.
-We each had a socket on either side of the bed for charging phones, another socket near the TV for cameras and a third socket by the door for tablets etc. This is a huge plus for me as you can never have enough sockets in a room and I always value any place I stay if they have these.
-Our bathroom was very big, a good shower and plenty of room in it, it was so big, a bath could go in there but isn't needed. The mirror was massive, covered the entire area over the sink (important for us ladies :-) )
-Plenty of storage space and hangers for hanging up clothes
-There is a safe, very easy to use and with clear instructions in English on the inside door
-Extra pillows and blankets are in one of the wardrobes
- A very decent sized TV with English speaking channels
- A good decent sized table, with a chair and a stool in the room so plenty of room for storing shoes away, laying our clothes etc.

BREAKFAST
-Breakfast is really nice in this hotel. It is downstairs in the lower ground floor. When you walk in, the coffee machine is facing you and it gives you five different options - espresso, cappucino, americano, latte, cafe creme, I can attest to the deliciousness of three of the options! Beside the coffee machine are options for herbal teas (very interesting selection) and a kettle for boiling water for those and for instant coffee as well as decaffinated coffee.
-On the right, there is a table of two big dishes of yogurt (strawberry and natural) next to a huge bowl of chopped up fruit. Also bowls of prunes, apricots, raisons, cereals (cornflakes, museli, coco pops) and two bowls of pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds. Also big jugs of orange and apple juice and water. Oh and a big bowl of biscuits!
-On the other side of the area where the coffee machine and teas are, there is cold meat and cheese, hot food and bread selection. The cold meat and cheese selection is very nice, hams, different sliced cheeses (gouda was lovely). The hot food was mostly scrambled egg and sausage. The breads were a variety of baked breads (the pumpkin rolls are addictive!), sliced breads and a sweeter selection of sliced cake, croissants or waffles (the later can change daily). There are also selections of butters, jams and triangle cheeses
- The dining area itself is very nice, plenty of room and tables. It never felt crowded there and when you are selecting what you want, you don't feel rushed or surrounded my people as there is just plenty of room, the food is well positioned.
- Breakfast is from 7.30 to 10am, but if you have an earlier start than that (as I had, one morning), the coffee machine, cereal, milk and fruit (and the biscuits) are there from 7am onwards.

AMENITIES
-The wi fi is excellent, very fast, very quick. I was really impressed with this.
-The 'Honesty' bar, this is great! Luka runs an Honesty bar in the breakfast area (near the coffee machine). If you fancy a cold beer from the fridge (500 ml bottles of Union beer) for 2e or a bottle of wine (Villa Brici, Merlot) for 7e or a cup of coffee (from the instant) for 50c, you write on a docket what you took and you pay on leaving. Bottle openers, wine and beer glasses and mugs are provided also. You can go down at any time and I have to tell you, there was nothing nicer than grabbing a cold one from the fridge after a long day out and sitting out on the balcony.
- Luka himself is great. He greeted us with a map of Bled and had marked out restaurants to eat in (we ate in three of his recommendations and he was spot on, they were fantastic, will give further down) and offered assistance with trips or anything we were thinking of doing. We did a lot of things ourselves but it was good to know he was on hand if we wanted information on anything.
- The hotel itself is lovely. If you do stay here, have a look around at Reception and downstairs around the eating area. There are a lot of interesting paintings hanging up, lovely ornaments and unusual things around (we saw a witch in one area but now know that witches are part of Slovenian culture and history), lovely carved birds on a window sill, other things.
-The location of the hotel is fantastic. It is only a five minute walk from Casino Bled but you are walking up into a quiet area, surrounded by trees and other buildings similar to the style of Garni Hotel Berc. Our room looked out onto a back garden where a pony and a goat came out every morning, we loved looking out for them. There is no noise around, except for birds and it was just heaven to come back to the hotel in the evening. I honestly think if we have stayed further down near the Casino, it would not have been as quiet.
-Pension Berc, a restaurant, which is right across from the hotel. We ate there the first evening. It's pricey but it is fine dining and is advertised as such, so we knew this. We were very happy with what we got and the quality of the food was superb. Again, though, prices for here were expensive in comparison to the other places we ate out in. However, I have to mention it because the food was truely excellent (along with the best beer I have ever tasted in my life and never came across again in Bled, it was brewed especially for the restaurant, so we were told) and mention this as somewhere to try and being so close to Garni Hotel Berc.

FINALLY...BLED ITSELF
-Places we ate out in and would highly recommend.
Pizza Rustika (burgers are very very big and reasonably priced, good cold beer and I got a dish of mussels that were twice a big as I have ever eaten),
Gostilna Plannic (near Pizza Rustika), we went there twice and you will get very good food here at very reasonable prices.
Cafe Pelegrez (down from Gostilna Plannic), this is a cafe but its great for lunch, get the sausages. We had the famous Bled cake here (nicer than the Park hotel, I have to say that!!)
Ostageria Pekerez (forgive spelling), a seafood restaurant, just down from Pub Bled and five minutes walk from the hotel and at the bottom of the hill. We ate here twice and the fish dishes we had were excellent (sea bass, John Dory, sea bream, fish soup).
We did all the things that are recommended to do in Bled and would also recommend them:
- Boat trip to the church in the middle of the lake, ring the bell and make a wish!! And hopefully it means you will come back as well, 14e for the boat and 6e for the church.
-Walked around the lake, you will do it in 2 hours at a leisurely place, longer if you stop off along the way for ice cream, a drink etc
- Went to the Castle and ate in Panoramic restaurant there. The castle is nice, the restaurant is pricey but you get a great view while you are eating and the food is good. The museum is good too and go to the wine cellar to look at the wines or buy one, made by monks, I think?
- Have Bled cake and it orginated in the Park Hotel, so it is advised to have it there. It was nice there but like I said, I found nicer elsewhere.
- Outside of Bled, go to Lake Bohinj and Savica waterfall, great trip
- You can get the bus, from the bus station to Ljubijana (6e 30 single or 12e return, for tickets, buses go almost every hour), that was a great day out. We did it ourselves and spent hours in the castle there (its a source of pride in the capital city and in Slovenia itself)
- We did a day trip to the Julian Alps, through a company, there are a few agencies in Bled who will do this

I think that is everything, hope this review helps people and if you are going to Bled, I wouldn't stay anywhere else but Garni Hotel Berc. If I could give the place six stars, I would!!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
12  Thank Cailte
Reviewed 8 June 2016

We stayed at this pretty little hotel for four nights. We occupied three rooms as we were travelling with family and Luca put us altogether in one part of the hotel. All of our rooms were really spacious, exceptionally clean and comfortable, each with a nice balcony with table and chairs overlooking the garden. We felt so at home here as Luca and his staff have created and warm, friendly and relaxed atmosphere that puts you at ease straight away. The free breakfast was substantial and set us up for the day. The hotel is situated about a five minute walk from the lake in a pretty residential area and was a short walk down a hill to restaurants, bars etc. Wifi was free and very reliable too and we didn't have to keep logging in. We really loved this place and looked forward to coming back in the evening and sitting on the balcony for a while. Lake bled is stunning and we will no doubt try and come back one day - if we do we will certainly stay with Luca again!

Room Tip: All our rooms were brilliant
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family