All reviewswellness centrelake viewnice hotelcorner suitepool complexvisited this hotellarge tour groupsbuffet stylebuffet dinnerair conditioningbled castlepleasant staylarge balconyenjoy the viewjulian alpsbreakfast was excellenthalf board
Reviewed 6 February 2016

When you arrive you'll see a slightly tired square building. When entering the reception you're transported back to the 80's. No renovation or updating. Staff is nice and accommodating up to a point. The whole lobby area feels dated - maybe it appeals to other people, but not me.
Bed was pretty comfortable so quality of sleep was nice.
The breakfast was excellent -- a nice selection of good fruit, quality meats and cheeses and even some local specialties.
The spa and pool facilities are excellent.

Room Tip: Definitely lake view upgrade is worth of value.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
SavaHotelsResorts, Manager at Rikli Balance Hotel (ex Hotel Golf), responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at our hotel Golf as well as for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to hear that you were satisfied with the buffet's food and enjoyed the pool & spa facilities.

We however sincerely regret to have learned about your disappointment with some of the technical as well as design aspects of the hotel interior. Please be kindly advised that as one of the largest hotel chains in the region, Sava Hotels & Resorts are determined to continue investing into the renovation and up-keeping of its hotel properties both for aesthetic as well as heritage reasons, since majority of the hotels, including the Hotel Golf, have a long-lasting history and are of special value to the region.

We therefore sincerely hope that you will consider on visiting us again in the future – you can also choose among other hotels of ours in Bled that offer a similar majestic view of the lake and Bled castle.

Reviewed 24 January 2016 via mobile

I visited this place for a bussines conference. Food at the restaurant was grea, room nice with great view on the lake, although the hotel itself is 5' walk from the waterfront. Breakfast was great, wifi throughout the place very good. I didn't use the spa. I would reccomend this hotel and stay there again.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your recommendation. It would really be a pleasure to welcome you in our hotel again as a guest – there’s so much to explore around and we definitely recommend a visit to spa, our Wellness Živa, which has ranked among Slovenia’s best wellness centres.

Thank you once again on the behalf of the entire team,

Sending you my best regards,

Reviewed 23 January 2016

Our Tour group spent 2 nights here which was very pleasant. Our room was comfortable though a bit dated with a lovely big balcony and great views.

The Toilet in our room was Terribly Awkward , just stuck in a tight corner which was hard enough for us to sit on but if you are a Large Person ??? Don't know if they are all like that, have a look at your room first.

We were fortunate that it had just snowed the day before and looking down at the village was like a fairy tale scene. There is a friendly Bar to share a drink over a chat and good food in the restaurant. The heated indoor pool was big so don't forget your swimmers.
Only a short walk , but many steps down to the shops etc. Overall a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Upper floors with views.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank speaktruly

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at our Golf Hotel and for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

I was pleased to read your feedback and am happy that you found the room comfortable as well as enjoyed the food & drinks while admiring the view which is, especially when the snow falls, quite unique.

I would like to apologize most sincerely for the inconvenience you experienced at the hotel due to the position of the toilet in the room,. As we constantly strive to better our services and take every constructive remark seriously, we are very thankful that your pointed out your perspective.

I am however glad that you still left the place with overall positive impression and sincerely hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 29 December 2015

Had an excellent Christmas at the Hotel Golf. Room spacious, and clean, nice balcony with view over the garden
Breakfast buffet superb - plenty of choice, and all good quality. Dinner buffet very good with dishes being replaced as soon as they were empty.
My only complaint was that the drinks at the bar were a little pricey.
I travelled as part of a group on a singles holiday.

Room Tip: ask for lake facing room
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Diane D
SavaHotelsResorts, Manager at Rikli Balance Hotel (ex Hotel Golf), responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2016

Dear Valuable Guest,

I would like to thank you for your time and the kind review that you wrote on Trip Advisor. I am glad that you spent a lovely Christmas here at our hotel and that you enjoyed the broad selection of food and beverages. Hopefully we will be able to greet you in Bled again, you are warmly welcome.

Kindest regards,
Front of House Manager, Sava Hoteli Bled

Reviewed 25 December 2015 via mobile

Stayed at Golf Hotel as part of a tour. The view was amazing from the room but the quality stopped there. The buffet for Christmas Eve was average at best (assuming you were fast enough to get any food). Also you had to purchase your own drinks (including water and coffee!). When questioned the waiters got very angry.

Overall the service was appalling! One room had no tea or coffee making or shower gels etc. whereas the other room did but didn't have them replaced. The tissues in our room were not replaced either. When I asked reception for a single tissue on my way out I was given a lecture on there being tissues in the rooms.

I bought my wife flowers and asked for a vase. Despite following up 3 times and being assured it will come it took over 4 hours for them to find a dirty vase. We missed out on Christmas events waiting for it!

I put clothes in to clean and when it didn't arrive in the evening I asked reception and they said it'll be right up. I followed up 4 times over the night to eventually be told it would be ready the next day (meaning I was without nice clothes for Christmas dinner!). Each occasion they had a new excuse and even blamed me twice for the delay!! It's due tomorrow at 8am but I'm not holding my breath!

Seriously this place is not worth the hassle or money. There are much better places in Bled that actually respect their patrons.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank mnovitski
SavaHotelsResorts, Manager at Rikli Balance Hotel (ex Hotel Golf), responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the destination Bled and the Golf Hotel for your Christmas holiday.

It is with great regret we hear that our general service level as well as the quality and variety of the food items available service did not meet your expectations. Additionally we would like to apologize most sincerely for the inconvenience you experienced at the hotel due to the housekeeping error in the room, which was overseen on our part. Please be kindly advised that your valuable feedback was passed on to our housekeeping and service department for revision to ensure that in the future the level of our services meets expectations of our valued guests. As we constantly strive to better our services and take every constructive remark seriously, we are very thankful that your pointed out these discrepancies.

Again I would like to apologise sincerely that we did not meet your expectations successfully.

Kind regards,