All reviewscommon roommodern kitchenoutdoor terracethe main bus stationenjoyed my stayminute walkcommunal areasthe ownerlake bledrecommend staying herestayed here for nightssupermarketfacilitieswificomputersnetflixcastle
Reviewed 9 August 2016

I want to start by saying how much I love Lake Bled! WOW! From the train ride over the alps to watching the mist flow over the lake and seeing the castle light up. STUNNING! We only spent a night here and wanted to stay longer, we went rafting which is great fun and fantastic experience. The hostel welcome was very good, polite, friendly and fun! The hostel was above the castle pub which was my favourite place and would highly recommend, a fantastic atmosphere In this place. The hostel was clean and views from terrace stunning, great showers and communal areas. The room however was so small! 6 beds squashed into the smallest room, I would have liked more space.

Room Tip: 6 bed was tiny
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2016

I stayed in Castle Hostel for 3 nights. Rooms and beds are okay, there are lockers in the rooms, each bed has its own lamp. Hostel is maybe to party- oriented to my liking, but it is not a big problem. Staff is friendly and polite. The thing I didn't like was security - each room has a lock, but nobody locks the door. The main door to the building is always open and reception is in another building across the street (open 9 to 21 anyway), so anyone can enter anytime. Nothing happened, but I did not feel secure.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

The hostel is in a really nice position in bled and the people working are really nice. We got a short private tour from our host of the hostel when we check in.

The hostel rooms are fresh. But if you want to sleep the hole night look else where. We couldn't sleep much at all because of the bar next door and loud neighbors in the other rooms

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2016

We stayed at this hostel as a group of 6 and our stay was an overwhelmingly positive one. Situated a short walk from the side of the lake, the hostel is in a great location for all the activities that are on offer. There was a bar crawl advertised that was great fun, very good value for money (5 euros) and a good way of meeting people. There was also a cool roof terrace with some pretty good views. Showers, toilets and kitchen area all worked well and were kept in clean condition. Our only negative was that our room was probably the smallest in the hostel but that seemed like bad luck really as all the other rooms were more than spacious. There are also 2 computers with good internet access if you need to sort anything out whilst you are staying. Lake Bled is a magical place and the Castle Hostel is a great place to experience that - definitely recommend.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Will W
Reviewed 6 July 2016

I stayed at this hostel for three nights in June. For the small size of Bled, I was surprised at its liveliness. The common area was buzzing all day. If you're looking for a quiet, peaceful place to stay in Bled, I would try to find other accommodation (which there's plenty of in Bled). This hostel is definitely geared toward younger backpackers. Every day, groups of people who met here were going out and enjoying the cool activities Bled has to offer. There seems to be an abundance of friendly, cool people here. It's located right next to several other hostels and bars, so I would recommend earplugs for sleeping at night. The bunk beds were fine, although the six-person room is a little cramped. Both the top and bottom bunks have outlets for charging phones.The showers were good. The place was very clean overall. Location-wise, it's basically perfect; it's a two minutes walk from the bus station and four minute walk to the lake. The staff is very helpful, and they give a personal welcome and tour of the hostel to every new group. I would take advantage of the free bike rentals in the off season! The outdoor terrace, with it's nice views, is perfect for socializing. If you're a young traveler, this must be the best place to stay in Bled.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo