“Warsaw Old and New - Walking Tour”

Orange Umbrella Free Tour
Ranked #6 of 148 Tours in Warsaw
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: You just got to Warsaw? Do you need a quick introduction to the city that would be fun and informative at the same time? Well, here we are!;) Join our free walking tour run by professional city guides - we're local and we love to show our city to travelers looking for more than just an average tour of churches and monuments! We run our tours every day, holidays included, according to the schedule on our website. To ensure quality and personal experience, our groups are limited to 25 people, so booking is required. Please visit our website for more information and then look for our guide with THE ORANGE UMBRELLA! ;) OUR SCHEDULE* Old Town Tour - Everyday 10AM Best of Warsaw Tour - Everyday 11AM Jewish Warsaw Tour - Tue/Thu/Sat 1:30PM World War II in Warsaw - Mon/Wed/Fri/Sun 1:30PM *valid November 2018 - March 2019
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Our guide (Johanna) was wonderful. Her command of the English language was excellent. She toured us through the major sights of Warsaw from WW2 forward. She also gave a great historical perspective of the areas as they had existed pre-WW2 and their significance then and now. Great way to get an overview and understand how Warsaw has moved from oppression to being a thriving metropolis. Loved that Johanna shared some of her experiences of growing up 'behind the iron curtain'. It was eye-opening to me.

Date of experience: March 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Write a ReviewReviews (1,188)
All reviews
in 56 reviews
"topic"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018

I went on the Old Town Tour with our patriotic guide, Goska. I was fascinated by all the facts she shared with us about this city's rich history and found her passion contagious! The next day I did the Best of Warsaw Tour with Peter, which was also really interesting. I enjoyed all of his personal recommendations about what to do and see in the city! Keep up the fantastic work to you both - I'll see you soon!

1  Thank SadiPage
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Did the Old Town tour which was excellent. Luckily it was a small group so made it quicker to get around.

The guide was excellent (I think her name was Paulina?). Happy to give a good tip at the end.

1  Thank J5741AWlisaa
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Great information, amazing attitude, even it was Easter, Marcin was there for us!!
You should do it, otherwise u 'll understand nothing about old town, the motivation and the attitude of Polish people!
Thank u!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 April 2018

It was a freezing and snowy morning of April 2nd but I was enlightened by the tour guided my Marcin on "Best of warsaw". It was an almost 2 and a half hour walk from the Sigismund Column, continued to the King Road (Royal Route) and was ended in the Prozna street. Marcin introduced the famous person born in Poland, showed us the remnant buildings after WW2, the most famous square where important occasions in Warsaw are held, and showed us some photos before and just after the war. This made me understand how the city looked like before the war and how it grew and developed in 60 years period of time. Booking ahead via orangeumbrella website is recommended to assure posts in the tour. As explained by Marcin, they also organise other tours during the days of the week. In fact when I come back to Warsaw, I'll try the other tours they offer. Indeed, the Best of Warsaw! Compliments and many thanks again, Marcin! Keep up the good work!!!