“Great value, nice hotel”

InterContinental Hotel Warsaw
Ranked #5 of 126 Hotels in Warsaw
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Location is near train station. Beds are super comfy and rooms are nice and big with large bathrooms with bathrobes etc. We used the spa and got massages our last day. Spa was great. Staff was helpful but restaurants weren't all open the nights we were there which was annoying. Starbucks a block away which I loved! Great deal, I think we paid $115 a night.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 June 2012

I stayed at the property during a one week business trip and got upgraded to the executive level which is fantastic. The location is wonderful but everything at the hotel is pricy, internet worked great and was free at the executive level so I have no idea how much it costs, but the price for local telephone calls was so high I went and bough a local calling card. The view from the executive lounge is breathtaking.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2012

what a great hotel. it can be had for a steal too (i paid 65Euro/night) and upgrades are available if you ask nicely and its not too busy. the breakfast is really great for a buffet, but its like $30 so be sure to book a room with breakfast included if you want it. the gym is top rate and the pool is amazing. they are on the top floor and overlook the palace of culture, what a great morning workout. truly a great business travelers hotel.

Room Tip: cheaper rooms are higher up, but the hotel is from floor 23-41 so you cant really get a bad view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2012

This was our second time in Warsaw, but first time at the Intercontinental. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The location of this hotel is so convenient to traveling by train, just a short walk to the main railway station, and right near the big modern shopping centre. Only 15 minutes by taxi from the airport. Our room was on Level 40 which included access to the Club Lounge. Well worth it. Great to be able to go there and relax with a drink and chat, before dinner, which was also included, as was breakfast. Our room was big and very comfortable. Exactly what I expected, we stayed 2 nights. In the morning had to catch the 6am train to Krakow, so the hotel arranged a packed breakfast for us to take on the train. A five star experience this hotel! Would recommend this hotel to any one who wants a bit of luxury in Warsaw.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I stayed here for three weeks in April and 10 days in May of 2012 on a business trip.

Short summary: This hotel is centrally located, the staff are efficient but not friendly, the hotel rooms are big and clean, the view is good and you're walking distance to the Old Town and other attractions. Suitable for short business stays but not long stays.

Longer summary, in order of things that annoyed me most.

Staff letting themselves into your room. Three different times over my stay the 'welcome' person came, knocked on my door and while I went to answer it, she let herself in!! Horrendous, she didn't even wait 30 seconds. And none of the three times was the person apologetic or sympathetic, the first one told me I didn't hear her knock because of the air conditioning! I ended up habitually locking the door upon entry.

Cleaning service is moody, because apparently at a whim they would decide to fully replace everything they removed, and on other days they would take my face cloth, my dressing gown and towels, and only leave two clean towels behind. It got to the point where I was HIDING the facecloth so that it wouldn't be taken.

I also don't think they were very thorough. It was like they tidied your room most days, and then cleaned it once a week. During my three week stint I don't think they vacumed once.

Front desk service. As I had to call them many times, for various reason (can I get a dressing gown, the internet is too slow to work on again etc) I would sometimes either get good service and other times get entirely abrupt service.

Internet: This came with my room price, so it's a case of simply inputting a code. At several points I had such low coverage I couldn't work. It would also randomly quit and force me to re-enter the code (usually during Skype meetings). The only 'support' reception would give, was a different code (usually for the internet on the levels above or below where you were).

Air conditioning. I work in technology, I am a techy person. There is no controlling the air conditioning. It's loud and cold. When I was here it was warm though, so it was mostly fine.

Good things:
-Room service: nice menu, really fast service, actually polite staff who ask if they can come into the room, even though they've knocked, waited and have your dinner.
-View: I stayed on the 18th floor and the 30th floor, both offered excellent views
-Pool: This was hit and miss, if I am honest. The pool itself is great, but the clientele vary wildly. One night there was a guy swimming in white y-fronts, actual underwear. Most other nights it's fine.
-Breakfast: broad selection, harpist playing every morning. Downside: slow staff who also appear to operate on a whim as to whether or not they'll offer you tea/coffee each morning.

Room Tip: All the rooms have an excellent view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank SaoireSaoirse
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Dear SaoireSaoirse,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. I am pleased you liked the room service, breakfast, as well as the view. However, let me take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience the hotel staff may have caused. We will follow up with the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. Rest assure that these issues will be looked into. Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

To better assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to approach the manager on duty.

Karen G.