All reviews per night tram tickets room was clean free wifi double room air conditioning train station old town shower city vending motorway poland polish receptionist
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

I scored a really good rate when I booked this; my friends wanted to know if it was an hourly rate and made jokes about who stayed there, but it’s no joke. This place is for real.
The location is not downtown but since we were coming off the motorway it was simple to find. It shares a “campus” with the Novotel. Access is limited via a ticket-issuing gate. (The hotel gives you tickets to get out if you drove in) Parking, although not included, was right in front of the hotel. Parking was another 19PLN per night.
Our room was, um, spartan, simple, efficient. If Ikea had a hotel chain this would be it. This is not a complaint. We liked it, especially for the price. We mostly needed a place to crash after a long day of travel. The beds were firm but not hard. And it was very quiet. No funny smells.

But before we crashed we needed some dinner and the receptionist, Kasia?, was very helpful recommending three restaurants downtown and writing down the addresses. The one we picked was really good.
The next morning the breakfast was quite good, a nice selection to pick from. Worth the extra złotys.
I can recommend this hotel if you keep in mind that it says “budget” in the name.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2017

I arrived at the hotel at 1:15am after a late flight from Doncaster, no problems checking in...I'd done that on-line. But when we got our room it was freezing! the air conditioning wasn't working... when I complained in the morning I was told that it "wasn't the season for the heating to be on". We were given an electric heater that plugged into a socket.....but the thermostat turned up to its highest never even took the chill off the air before it cut out!
I use this Hotel on a regular basis and was happy to keep my custom with Ibis, but on this occasion it came up short on our satisfaction score.
A pity....my wife wants me to book with a different hotel chain next time, all because no forethought was given to low temperatures in the month of September. Surely the system for running the main heating could be thermostatically controlled to cut in when unseasonal low temperatures arise.
The hotel must be said is showing signs of age in cleanliness in the floor coverings, and general fittings such as chairs in the breakfast restaurant (wobbly), and basically it's not the same hotel as I have used for the last few years and been satisfied with.

Date of stay: September 2017
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
BarbaraWozniak6603, General Manager at Ibis Budget Wroclaw Poludnie, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Dear Mr Thomas,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis budget Wroclaw Poludnie. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Heating is already on. We actually planned it for October, but due to the cool September we accelerated the switch. It involves dropping off the chilled water pipes and filling them with hot water and reviewing the entire installation. We are one star hotel so our intsalation allows us to We were able to accelerate the arrival of the crew, but it was imposible to do it now. That's why we needed to wait.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future. Please, write me an email (h6603-gm@accor.com) before next arrival- I will preapare a special offer for You.

Barbara Woźniak
General Manager ibis budget Wrocław Południe

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Our room has been filling with marijuana smoke coming through the ventilation all night.
First hotel I've been to with separate toilet and bathroom.
Bad location, no shops around, had to walk half an hour to the nearest petrol station to get some water.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BarbaraWozniak6603, General Manager at Ibis Budget Wroclaw Poludnie, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Dear Mrs Natalia,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis budget Wroclaw Poludnie. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations.
Wroclaw is quite large and crowded city, so many guests appreciate our location in a quiet and peaceful neighborhood. Unfortunately, this involves some inconvenience, such as the distance to the night shops. If You are hungry or thirsty, please remember that vending machines with hot and cold drinks and snacks are waiting for you 24h/7 in the reception foyer.

Best regards
Barbara Woźniak

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

I paid around £12 per night which is a steal. It is a way out from the centre but there is tram a five ten minute walk away. 20 minutes to the old town. The rooms are standard ibis budget and do good quality but basic. The staff were very helpful and friendly. They helped to make the stay. Would recommend without hesitation. Great value!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank robjar
Reviewed 28 April 2017

We slept there on my way from the airport, fortunately only for one short night. First, I was extra charged for parking, which lifted price to the level of other more reliable hotels in Wrocław which I'd already visited. Room was small (but I expected that for that price) with window view directly to parking. exit from shower was almost directly to bed (yes, shower which was open to the room, not bathroom as a separate space), there was no shower gel etc and bed was awful. I know at least 2 hotels which offer better condition for similar price (including parking) in Wrocław.

Date of stay: April 2017