All reviews breakfast buffet was delicious main st krupowki street five star hotel great location mountain view quiet neighborhood modern hotel excellent hotel two nights the hotel staff scrambled eggs recommend this hotel reception balcony minus skiing
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

First of all don, t be fooled... this is NOT a 5 star hotel . Had dinner in the hotel on the first night , mistake . Starter was OK but the rest was 3 out of 10 . The big problem in this hotel is what you are supposed to sleep on. The quality and condition of the mattresses is not acceptable in ANY hotel . We complained about this at reception but to no avail , would not make eye contact , really? 5 star? They know about the problems this hotel has but do nothing . Without doubt the worst hotel we stayed at during our Polish trip. Keep away.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank william p
Reviewed 22 August 2018

Great hotel, very close to the main street in Zakopane (200 yards),… smaller boutique style venue, with less than 30 rooms. Great accommodations, keeping in mind that their “king” room is really 2 single place together, which they did to accommodate our request. Our room had a large balcony facing the street, but more importantly a view of the mountains (although partially obstructed by facing homes,….not a deal breaker). Great restaurant in the lobby with all the traditional Polish fare as well as well made American/Canadian offerings, which were well prepared and presented. Great hot breakfast as well, with made to order egg offerings, and buffet, etc.... Front desk was most helpful with tour arrangements and general directions within Zakopane. Room recommendations are a higher floor, which sports a better mountain view. We would recommend this venue. 4.5 stars!

Room Tip: Higher floor, better view
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

Lots of problems here but here’s their massive mistake.

I submitted some clothes for the hotel to laundry. When returned, my undershorts had spilled beach stains all over them - see photo. When I showed these to the front desk clerk - Tomasz [..] - photo attached - he immediately stated that the clothes arrived that way. He then accused me of submitting a false claim. Really Tomasz? A false claim for undershorts? Besides, do you really think a 4 star hotel would accept damaged clothing? Something is up here. Who are you trying to protect in the laundry service? Are you hiding a special relationship there? I requested to speak to the manager. Tomasz refused. I requested again later in the day. Tomasz again refused. Tomasz should be fired. The next morning, I explained the situation to a different front desk clerk who contacted the manager. The manager refused to speak with me, but authorized a $16 Euro laundry credit. Pathetic. Anyone want to stay at the Hotel Rysy to be lied to and falsely accused for 16 Euro? And if Tomasz [--] hasn’t been fired and you see him there, you can’t say you haven’t been warned. But really, lots of other hotel options in the city. Stay somewhere else.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank William-NB
Reviewed 29 June 2018

We stayed here two nights in June. The hotel seems very new and modern. Spacious room and bathroom. Great breakfast buffet. The bar is a nice feature. The location is a short walk to many restaurants and shops. We really enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2018

We enjoyed the location which was close to their market street. I did not feel as though I was in Poland staying at this hotel. It felt more that Sweden! It was very clean and the staff was enjoyable to talk with. It was a killer breakfast! Unbelieveable amount of food and top quality. That was something that was unexpected. It was part of the room cost. Unfortunately, we ate late every night so I could only eat light for breakfast. I would stay here again for sure. Very spacious.

Room Tip: Ask about sharing a balcony. They have rooms where the balcony is part of the room. Rather different.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family