“Excellent Service”
Review of Bob's Taxi - Tours - CLOSED

Bob's Taxi - Tours
Reviewed 6 April 2018

After reading mostly positive reviews, I was a bit worried after reading two more recent reviews whereby Bob was described as racist. With myself being brown, and my traveling friend Japanese, I honestly didn't know what to expect.

I don't regret booking with Bob. He was funny, kind, and very helpful in offering advice on where to get the better exchange rates, and recommendations around Krakow. He has his own sense of humour, and yes he offers up an opinion on the holocaust, and of other current events. But I valued his honesty. Whether I agreed with everything or not is a different story.

On our second day we visited Auschwitz I and II, (Birkenau) before being dropped off at the airport. Bob was busy getting one of the cars repaired so we had the pleasure of being driven and guided by his son Paul. Paul is an awesome young man, who answered our questions about pretty much anything we had on our minds. Especially questions about life in Poland.

I recommend Bob, and I especially recommend his son Paul. I've attached details of Paul's business card to this review. We were not disappointed with the service but I can understand why it would not be everyone's cup of tea. I'll use them again in the future.

7  Thank Pene D
in 2 reviews
"holocaust"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

Didnt have a great experience with Bob. We were recommended him so thought we were in safe hands. Literally within the first 10 minutes he was agressive in his manner when it came to telling us a bit about the history of Auschwitz on our way to the tour. We were willing to hear different sides of the Auschwitz story but his approach was totally all wrong. Completely put a dampner on the the day. He then spoke about Muslims and his comments were completely racist. Which made the entire trip uncomfortable! He spoke about our intellect which was uncalled for. Reading the other reviews about him I am shocked that others enjoyed their experience with him as a guide.

7  Thank Melissa M
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

I had been recommended Bob and read excellent reviews and was extremely excited to meet and go to auschwitz and the salt mines with him.
I cannot express how unpleasant this experience was. Within about 10 minutes, my friend and I felt uncomfortable.
Bob was extremely racist. I am quoting, 'Muslims come to your county and will murder you all' when I challenged this he replied 'ok not all, I can't say all, but most'. He made numerous comments about Muslims throughout the trip even though every time I told him I completely disagreed and found his opinions disgusting.
He was rude, aggressive and racist. I hope no one else experiences what I did. He ruined our auschwitz experience and I do not know why he does this as a job when he incites hatred and is so adamant that auschwitz is all propaganda.
Please reconsider booking with him, despite his other glowing reviews.

4  Thank marymP9027IP
Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

Bob was very knowledgeable and made our tour most interesting.
He’s a bit of a card but actually puts everything into making the experience a memorable one. His prices are very very reasonable and you get more time experiencing what YOU want as opposed to a bus tour.
Book him he’s reliable accommodating and actually an unmissable experience.

2  Thank 69TracyD69