“Very Good, ideal location......”

Sheraton Grand Krakow
Ranked #41 of 261 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Bang under the Wawel Castle, walking distance to the centre of Krakow. Great hotel, lived up to expectation, lovely room, had a great view of the frozen River Vistule. No issues with the hotel, says what it does on the tin!!!!! An excellent Sheraton Hotel, staff at checkin, could not be more helpful and pleasant. Has a nice sports bar/restaurant out front called 'Someplace else', good beer and nice food if staying in to watch a match as we did.
Walking into the centre of town along Grodska St, out the front door, left and left by the castle is a street with superb restaurants. An excellent hotel to stay in for a short stay in Krakow, would I stay there again, certainly.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
sheratonKrakow, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Krakow, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words, we are very grateful for sharing your feedback with us.
It is our sincere aim to make all our guests feel special in their 'home away from home'.
Summer in Krakow is also very nice, I am sure you would enjoy a glass of beer in our SomePlace Else garden.
We look forward to your next visit at Sheraton Krakow.

Regards,

Reviewed 30 March 2012

The location is good on the river close to the castle not very far from the old town, the hotel is very clean and well organized, rooms are good in size with free water bottles daily, breakfast is excellent the best of everything. House keeping and resturant staff are very effecient. Internet is not free except in the public areas and at the computer terminals, the room rate is very expensive however we managed a very good deal from the Internet, front desk staff are the worst, I arrived at 2 20 pm and they refused to check me in saying check in time is 3 pm ! I checked in at 3 05 pm after help from supervisor !!!!! I tried to extend check out time to 2 pm, refused and allowed me until 1 pm with lots of effort, Anna at front desk met me with smile at check in but did nothing what so ever to be of any help, supervisors are more experienced with guests but offer you nothing as well, their answer is always no then they ask what was the question. I enclosed couple of picture to view from my room they said is over looking the castle but turned to be over looking the garbage of the hotel and a wall like a prison wall, so do not get deceived from the nice view of pictures on the web site over loking the river or the castle.

2  Thank EgyptMohamed
sheratonKrakow, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Krakow, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your feedback regarding your recent visit at Sheraton Krakow Hotel.
I am glad that your experience with our restaurant and the hotel in general was positive.
On the other hand, I am very sorry to learn that we could not offer you the solutions you had asked for upon arrival (earlier check-in time - before standard 3:00 PM, extended check-out, room with a view).
Please rest assured that we have already taken all your comments onboard and will continue to review all the areas that we fell short in meeting your expectations.
Should you wish to give me any further details please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
I would welcome the opportunity to talk to you in person.
I can be contacted by emailing gsc.krakow@sheraton.com or by dialing +48 12 662 1000.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Reviewed 29 March 2012

My wife and I stayed at Sheraton Krakow 15-18 of march 2012 and we had a very nice time.

The hotel is very nice, good size rooms and very clean. We stayed in a club room and had access to the club lounge which was nice too. The breakfast buffet was well sorted and had a large selection.

The staff was very helpfull and arranged trips for us.

Overall a VERY nice experience. I would definitely stay here again the next time im in Krakow.

1  Thank nicolajn

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for recommending our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed our Club rooms with access to the Club Lounge.
We also appreciate that you complimented our Buffet Breakfast selection and quality.
It will be a pleasure to host you once again in our beautiful city, at Sheraton Krakow Hotel.
I can promise that our team will do our best to make your stay once again an unforgettable experience.

Best regards,

Reviewed 28 March 2012

We booked a Club Room and what a great choice. Breakfast was amazing, huge choice and good quality. The room was large and comfortable with a great view of the river and castle/ palace. The Club Lounge is very well stocked with snacks on an evening and all day nibbles and wine/ beer etc. Staff in the hotel work very hard to please customers. They are attentive without being overbearing and are proud of their work. The swimming pool area is nice to chill out in and the gym well stocked.

The hotel is in an excellent location walking distance from all the main sights and has great views of the river.Airport travsfer but their car was only 80 Zloty and very efficient. Well worth using as saves a train then taxi journey.

What has been great for me was I left a skirt and jacket in the wardrobe. No sooner had I told them but they were located and courier transfer back to UK arranged with options and great communication. helped take away the oh no at the end of a holiday.

the only thing I would have improved on was restocking of shower gel and ensuring no feather request was carried out prior to arriving, but these are small niggles in an otherwise perfect holiday.

Room Tip: Go for the Club Rooms off peak, great value and great service in Club Lounge
2  Thank HolidayGB
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Firstly, they changed a non refundable or changeable booking....thanks for that! Then the expert checkin with all the basics covered simply ...breakfast, internet, local map, fitness etc and a daylight saving reminder...great as we were too tired to think...The room with a view of the river and Wawel excellent with everything you need and more including 2 loofahs,,,all the usual amenities in multiples and a local tourism guide, super clean....great bed and very quiet......Breakfast good selection with newspapers available and staff more than helpful and accomodating...take away beverages a nice touch ( little like 4 seasons!) Concierge,room service, transfer to station all like clockwork...obviously well managed and all staff exceeding standard....fantastic hotel!

Room Tip: Try for a room with a view of the castle...they're all quiet here...SPG rooms fantastic!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends