All reviews the main square old town early hours high ceilings reception staff excellent location third floor breakfast room wonderful hotel salt mines breakfast was excellent scrambled eggs yogurt noise doorman bath poland
Reviewed 24 October 2011

My friend and I stayed here for 4 nights. We found all staff to be friendly and helpful.
Breakfasts were delicious and properly presented. Although the room/bathroom were small they were perfectly adequate for our purpose. Towels and toilet paper could have been more luxurious. Dined in the cafe one night as too tired to go out. Nothing out of the ordinary but well cooked and presented. Other nights came back to the Vienna Lounge for coffee and brandy which was a haven after full days of sightseeing and we were well looked after by the young girl who always seemed to be on duty. Were there staff shortages?
Would go back if ever in Krakow.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking inner courtyard are very quiet
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank manuel3
Reviewed 7 October 2011

The good stuff:
Staff generally helpful
Excellent location in an amazing city
Nice rooms

The bad stuff:
The awful, terrible receptionist. Two are great but you will know immediately when you get the one I'm talking about. Hard to believe people like this can keep a job in frontline customer service.
Poor water pressure
Poor cardboardy itchy scratchy towels
Poor airconditioning
Rubbish dressing gowns - worse then the towels - why bother?
Having to pay to use the hotel sauna - Difficult to find another 5 star hotel that charges to use IT'S ONLY recreational facility!!!
Rubbish breakfast

We are coming back to Krakow as soon as we can but we will not be booking the Grand.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Scubak13
Reviewed 20 September 2011

This hotel is old style but very adequate. It is not luxurious but its position is excellent. The rooms are large and comfortable and the food is of a good standard. It is in the heart of Krakow with many excellent restaurants close by. If staying for a few days I would recommend this hotel as long as the name of it does not raise too many expectations.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 September 2011

the beds were rock hard the bathroom was much too small for a five star hotel like they call themselves the water pressure of the bath was below every acceptable level it takes half an hour to fill the bath. I took at 7'o clock breakfast.
The bread was from the day before
when I had finished I saw someone arriving from outside with the fresh bread this hotel is definitely not a5 star
hotel and very overpriced

• Stayed: September 2011
3  Thank frequenttravellerp
Reviewed 6 September 2011

I stayed here with my parents and i have to say the location was brilliant. staff were quite helpful. The place could probably do with a lift. we never ate here as there are so many great places to eat in krakow. overall a nice hotel but a bit expensive for what you get in my opinion.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family