“One of the best in the city....”
Review of Zielona Kuchnia

Zielona Kuchnia
Ranked #7 of 1,854 Restaurants in Krakow
Price range: USD 4 - USD 19
Cuisines: Polish, Central European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We care for your health and carefully choose the ingredients for the dishes we prepare for you. Here at ZIELONA KUCHNIA you will find only the green cuisine, just as our name suggests. We only serve the finest selection of vegetables, fruit, organic meat, grain products and so much more. Our location may be new but the building itself, right on the courtyard of the council house nr 8, is over 100 years old.We were simply charmed by the wonderful atmosphere, the beauty and the long history of this place.The building was erected around 1908 and was destined to hold a blacksmith and locksmith business. After the First World War a local print shop was open here for years, and all of Chopin’s works were printed here for the first time in history. Today it is a great place for having a cosy get-together and enjoying yourself in great company.
Reviewed 6 June 2018

As a longtime resident of Krakow I am VERY sorry we have waited so long to try this place.... I am also sorry I didn't bring my camera as the garden and the food looked as lovely as it tasted.. As this was a anniversary dinner we kicked out for the house cocktails ( the cava , mint and Campari was perfect ) to start. Our waiter, a total pro also brought us a nice terrine of liver pate which was very nice...We followed these with the excellent asparagus plate ( perfectly grilled and dressed with a lightly fried egg, aioli and bacon) ) as well as the astonishingly good house gnocchi.... For the mains we had the seasonal risotto ( asparagus and pea ). A BIG portion and perfectly cooked al dente, it was more than my wife could finish... I ordered the " hamburger " ...a sly joke as this lovely thing is made from top cuts of beef including ribeye and tenderloin... The sauce in its little gravy-boat, the horsradish toasts and the accompanying salad were perfect companions ...My only complaint were the roasted potatoes which were underwhelming: They were the only sour notes of the eveining ... ...An order of piping hot, cripsy fries would have been far better with the " burger" and I suspect the entrecôte steak which I hope to try soon,... I hope they consider it. Please! . ..With a bottle of good Italian red wine , 2 glasses of white and 2 delicious deserts ( lemon tart and a pot of chocolate coffee mousse) the meal came in at under $100 ... The house kicked in a nice cherry vodka digestiv as well.. THIS IS ASTOUNDING VALUE considering the quality of the ingredients , the cooking and the warm , professional service ( a rarity in KRK) .. This is also a beautiful space and although only a 10 minute walk from the Market Square it seems miles away from the hustle and bussle of the city center...Try to reserve a table in the garden..... Highly recommended and we will be back...

2  Thank Mark H
Roma N, Manager at Zielona Kuchnia, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Thank you very much for your feedback and compliments. We hope to visit you again :) Best Regards :)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,263)

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

I have been to this place like 3-4 times already, and have never been disappointed yet. I know it’s not the most convenient location, but trust me - it’s worth it, it’s a gem! Nice atmosphere, especially in the garden in summer, very attentive service and excellent food.

I have tried few things from the menu but my absolute favourites are scallops and fillet mignon (with that mushroom sauce!!). Both cooked to perfection! Also, the Riesling wine they serve is so light and fruity - give it a try.

One of my favourite places in the whole Krakow! Will not hesitate to come back for more soon!

Thank you very much for your feedback, we are glad that you enjoyed it :) See you soon :) Best Regards

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

We went with my wife and small child there to eat as walk-in, because noone recommended to have reservation. All the tables were booked, so I recommend to do reservation of table..before u come...or was the child problem?

2  Thank peykoo
Roma N, Manager at Zielona Kuchnia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

I am sorry but I think this review is not objective, we try to make our Guests happy with food and service, apparently it's pretty good because the restaurant is usually full in the evening and everyone is happy. On the website, tripadvisor and google is phone contact and e-mail. So you can make a reservation or find out if there is a free table at any given moment. There is therefore no reason to give a poor review of the restaurant where you were not. We are happy to host children with us, especially for them we have prepared a menu. We invite you again to visit us and to try our menu.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Went with some friends recently and wow! totally amazing. Great service, food was best we eat in the 5 days we spend in Krakow. A gem of a restaurant.
Menu is varied and interesting combinations - fusion of lots of ideas. I had Fish soup - which had a good Thai flavour. My burger was amazing - great beef, stuffed with beef shin... stunning.
Highly recommended

Thank you very much for your feedback, we are glad that you enjoyed it :)

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Myself, my son and a friend visited here after reading the reviews on TA.
Nice walk out of the main square and finally found it. We hadn’t made a reservation but wish we had. The garden on entrance is wonderful and enchanting and on such a hot evening would have been the perfect place to eat.
We were given a table inside the lovely restaurant.
Very friendly staff sat us down gave us menus and took our drinks order. (Great selection of local craft beers)
The menu was to die for Very intriguing dishes obviously using seasonal produce.
Spoilt for choice I chose Asparagus,egg and aioli to start. Then I had two more starters for my main course. Scallops with apple and gravalax. Had I been able to I would have a main course as well. Thankfully my son chose the corn fed chicken with blue cheese mousse, gnocchi and candied walnuts. One of the most succulent moist and tastiest chicken I have tasted.
My friend chose the beef burger two ways. Again this was cooked perfectly and tasted divine.
I chose a buttermilk panna cotta with mango, earl grey and gin granita again wonderful.
Every dish was presented to a very high standard. Matching the high standard of cooking.
Everything about this place was truly wonderful. I would recommend anyone to visit this place. Book a table outside if you can.
Eaten in many places in Krakow over the years and this by far was one of the best meals by far from the friendly and helpful staff to the exciting menu and the truly
Magical cooking and presentation
Will be returning again in September and hopefully the weather will be as nice and we can sit in the garden.
Thank you for a truly great dining experience.