See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 January 2016

Staying at the Camea was an excellent location. First impression on arrival I was dubious but had no need to be. Typically polish....polite and clean...large bedroom, modern large bathroom There was no tea/coffee but on asking it was put on the landing morning, noon and night and free of charge. We are in our 60s (well travelled) and found the location of the hotel excellent for walking in all directions and only seconds from the main square, 5 minutes to the castle/river. Schindler's Factory just over the river. Amazing number of excellent eating places and so reasonable whether for a snack (GATEAUX amazing), or main meals. Beer cheap.. People were helpful. The Camea also had breakfast included in the price of the hotel down in the cellar. You need to visit the 'Camps' and he Salt Mines are mind-blowing. I have recommended at least 3 parties to visit Krakow and not one has been disappointed. PS: wide wooden staircase (beautiful) and outside steps....(no lift but didn't feel it was necessary) For families the rooms at the front were large....and very convenient for a minutes need for food, either restaurant or supermarket! Could be a little noisy at the front of hotel but after all the walking and sight-seeing it wouldn't bother me...

Room tip: South (back) rooms didn't need a view but convenient alternative entrance steps. Front rooms, what I saw, were big.
Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 December 2015

Kraków was recommended to me by my sister in law who actually purchased a short stay for my birthday. We had a fantastic time. The city itself is so well designed. With many places of historical interest to visit. At this time of the year one has the added bonus of Christmas markets in most the main squares. The salt mines were the highlight of my trip. Although we did enjoy schindlers factory. A visit to this city is a must the food and the people are very accommodating.

Room tip: Room 3 overlooking Main Street. Not noisy as cars are not allowed in the road.
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2015

Stayed 4 nights. Near city center but nothing else to recommend it. The breakfast was worse we've had ever in Europe. The bathroom was not cleaned, lost hot water 2nd day, tiny soap and needed to buy own shampoo. The room was dark with many burned out light bulbs.

Reviewed 30 June 2015

I cannot fault the situation as it is very handy for sightseeing whether you go into the main square or head south to the Jewish quarter. The hotel is accessed down a long corridor, off which is one of the city's tourist information kiosks. All the reception staff were helpful and informative.

Room tip: Have a room at the back of the hotel the front one's are onto the street which can be noisy
Reviewed 18 June 2015

We chose this hotel for its price and location and were not disappointed by either. We had a lovely old world room at the top of the stairs, very roomy with a newly renovated bathroom. The staff in reception were always friendly and helpful with my numerous questions. Breakfast was adequate, but as others have mentioned, there was not a lot (although enough) and the cellar/breakkfast room/pub was dark and musty.
The location and staff made our stay memorable. After all, we were only there to sleep each night.