“Duck me, that was delicious ”
Review of Casablanca

Casablanca
Ranked #3 of 163 Restaurants in Olsztyn
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

We were in town for a wedding and on our first evening in Olsztyn we came here for dinner. They first serve a complimentary fresh tomato juice - delicious. I never knew tomatoes could sing. To start with I had beef tartar. It has blackberry coulis, generous onion and pickle, egg yolk, and most important truffle oil. YES! Not in a “fashionable” way, but for genuine complement and pleasure. It was the best tartar I have ever had, and I frequently order it if I see it on a menu. Bravo! My husband had tomato carpaccio. Absolutely delicious, and an elegantly balanced goats cheese which was mellow yet rich. For mains we had the confit duck. It. Was. Incredible. A huge win for me on this dish (apart from the obvious) was the “noodle”. How to describe... gnocchi meets pasta with an ever-so gentle sweetness from the caramelisation in the pan, yet light as a feather. This was no noodle I ever had, and I already feel sad that I may never experience it again. This is a fine example, to me, of Polish cooking. I don’t say Polish “food” but Polish cooking - full of love, variety and eclectic. This dish was endlessly exciting - beetroot coulis, yellow plum, boleros mushrooms, sugar snaps, mustard - it will be on my mind for a long time. Delicious.

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Lovely place in the old town and a must visit for lunch when visiting Olsztyn. Very busy so booking is advisable. Many good modern Polish and Mediterranean dishes. They praise the Tomato and have a mini market of few selected sorts to buy for home (cool concept). On the menu is therefore a lovely rich Tomato Soup and Tomato Carpaccio - both yummy!

Reviewed 10 June 2018

Excellent Food . Excellent Staff .Excellent Service .Excellent Situation A very good place for a Night out .What more could you say

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

One of the best restaurants around the area. Walking around the park and listening to the fountain is very relaxing especially with local beer or wine in hand. Almost everthing on the menu was delicious. No one had a bad review in the group from appetisers to deserts.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

It is a modern international restaurant, elegant but not very formal, interior with a little bit of a bistro twist.
Nice food, mainly international but with some polish specialities. I had fish soup in thai style, which was very good. Also beef tatar was very nice.
It is located in the city center in historical palace, but there is a view on park with terrace in the summer.
Good for business meetings.