“Just fine”
Review of Hotel Turkus

Hotel Turkus
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Bialystok
Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

The staff was nice, no problem with english. Beds are ok and the price is really convenient. Only the mirror-doors on rails are annoying. I wanted to go to barhroom but hit a shelf instead. I wanted to close door behind me in the shower but opened two other cabinets. Also this stupid doors provide very little privacy, so everyone in the room will know exactly what you are doing in the bathroom/toilet. Otherwise I can't complaint and would recommend a stay if you are on budget.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 19 July 2016

We stayed there on our way to Prague and decided to stay there again on the way back due to the following reasons. It has very comfortable beds, excellent breakfast, fast check-in and check-out, free parking on the territory. It is not fancy and modern, but it has affordable price and gives you what you need on the way. Although I don't know what you need :)

Room Tip: We had a room facing the road, there was no noise.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2015

My second stay at the Hotel Turkus and this time around I was pleasantly surprised at the difference. I was to stay at the Pod Herbem Hotel, but as my team was staying at the Turkus, I opted to as well. Only got to the hotel well after midnight and there the service impressed me. The receptionist on duty, Ms Julita Nazarko placed me in a room as I had spoken to her earlier that evening to determine in what rooms my teams were staying.

The room I got was on the second floor facing the entrance/road and it was very different to my previous room. Clean with everything spic and span. The built in cupboard and bathroom had sliding mirror doors so it gave the room a nice airy and large feeling. Even though it was front facing, it was rather quiet with no outside noise interfering. My room had two single beds and both of them had towels on.

The shower worked from the basin which was the only downside as one had to lean outside the shower to change the water settings.

On a couple of occasions we came home very late after the restaurant had stopped serving, but the chef and reception had no problem in putting together a simple meal of salads and french fries, etc. for us.

Even the day receptionist was very helpful as well as the restaurant staff. This was rather different to my first stay and they should be commended by the owners.

Certainly a place that I would stay in anytime.

Room Tip: Front facing rooms was quiet
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 July 2015

1. No towels in the bathroom. The bathroom door didnt close properly. 2. Friendly staff but poor language skills. 3. A good place to crash for the night when on the road but it could be a bit cheaper.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2015

1. Friendly staff, even if not speaking your language. They just want to understand what you need.
2. Rooms are quite modest, but clean and cosy.
3. Don't mind the elevator looks like - it works and that's what you need.
4. One of few places where smokers are not parias - it has a smoking saloon on ground floor, so you do not need to go to windy or wet weather as health nazis try to make smokers go.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple