See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 October 2015

My second stay at the Hotel Turkus and this time around I was pleasantly surprised at the difference. I was to stay at the Pod Herbem Hotel, but as my team was staying at the Turkus, I opted to as well. Only got to the hotel well after midnight and there the service impressed me. The receptionist on duty, Ms Julita Nazarko placed me in a room as I had spoken to her earlier that evening to determine in what rooms my teams were staying.

The room I got was on the second floor facing the entrance/road and it was very different to my previous room. Clean with everything spic and span. The built in cupboard and bathroom had sliding mirror doors so it gave the room a nice airy and large feeling. Even though it was front facing, it was rather quiet with no outside noise interfering. My room had two single beds and both of them had towels on.

The shower worked from the basin which was the only downside as one had to lean outside the shower to change the water settings.

On a couple of occasions we came home very late after the restaurant had stopped serving, but the chef and reception had no problem in putting together a simple meal of salads and french fries, etc. for us.

Even the day receptionist was very helpful as well as the restaurant staff. This was rather different to my first stay and they should be commended by the owners.

Certainly a place that I would stay in anytime.

Room tip: Front facing rooms was quiet
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 July 2015

1. No towels in the bathroom. The bathroom door didnt close properly. 2. Friendly staff but poor language skills. 3. A good place to crash for the night when on the road but it could be a bit cheaper.

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2015

1. Friendly staff, even if not speaking your language. They just want to understand what you need.
2. Rooms are quite modest, but clean and cosy.
3. Don't mind the elevator looks like - it works and that's what you need.
4. One of few places where smokers are not parias - it has a smoking saloon on ground floor, so you do not need to go to windy or wet weather as health nazis try to make smokers go.

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Märt K
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I was invited to attend an event in Bialystok and was to be accommodated at this hotel (Turkus), so I checked the reviews and was sort of apprehensive when I read the recent two.

The outside and reception area looks extremely good - its only when going to the lift that one notices the worn. My room was on the 4th floor so I had two windows to see which was rather pleasing. The room itself was rather small but clean. The only downside of that room was that it was next to the lift and that was a bummer - crank crank when the lift when up or down kept me awake at times.

No cupboard to hang clothes, just some hooks next to the mirror. The bathroom was good - the only not so good was the showerhead leaking so one quarter of the water ran the other way.

Nice clean towel, the bed linen had a slight tear, the mattress might have been worn, but the first night my back felt it and the pillow was too big and soft.

Beggars can't be chosers, my stay was paid for and for a two star hotel, it is not bad at all. I cannot comment on the pricing for the above reason.

Breakfast was standard buffet style - what was not good was that the cheese was mixed with the polony (meat) which being vegetarian (when I travel being muslim) was a no-no.

Would I stay here again, certainly as it had wi-fi and it was clean.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank hoosainnarker
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Where to start:
Room: I booked a standard single room up arriving by bicycle to Bialystok. As I was planning to take the train the next day to Warsaw, I wanted a hotel near the train station and found this place by GPS search. A single room with breakfast was 150 zoty which is about $52 USD a night. The room was very small, with NO AC. 3 channels on the TV and they only gave 1 old towel for the shower, not even a hand towel. No in room safe. And the bed was a single, very narrow (my legs hung over the end) with a mattress that bottomed out when you sat on the bed. I would not recommend this hotel for a stay.

The restaurant was very good, service was excellent and a good menu in English. So I have no complaints about the restaurant, only the room. Felt like I was sitting in a prison cell.

By contrast, I stayed last night in Sokola at the Verde hotel and same price. The room was huge, WiFi worked excellent, great breakfast, stacks of towels and shampoo/soap.

Room tip: Avoid...wish I'd had been able to have checked reviews before I booked a night at this hotel.
Date of stay: July 2013