“Superb and Friendly”

Restauracja Kuchnia Polska
Ranked #289 of 705 Restaurants in Gdansk
Reviewed 14 August 2018

Absolutely superb! The Menu is comprehensive..

The food is cheap, The portions are large, The service is extremely friendly..

I go here every time I'm in Gdansk.

Cross the bridge to Dlugi Targ and you will pay at least 2 times more.. Maybe even 3 or 4 times more.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

very nice and cheap food. friendly atmosphere. we were 8 people all ordered separated dishes and they all was astonishing...wanted to try each of them..and ofcourse prices are lower because it is not on the tourists way.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

The food was awful, tasteless and unattractive. We ate pierogi and a chicken cotolette: pierogi were just booked, no sauce, no seasoning; the chicken cotolette was probably defrosted and microwaved. The place itself is old uninviting...how did we end up there? The hostel staff recommended the place :'(

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 28 May 2017

We asked local shop workers where they would eat ; going off the tourist beaten path. They sent us here over the bridge. The food was nice home style cooking with typical Polish traditional dishes and soups. Not fancy by any means but very clean, simple and homey, with old furniture & dated decor. The food actually was outstanding. We stuck to the Polish entrees on the menu. We dined alongside local men gathered for a meal and construction workers from the building going on nearby. No tourists in this place. Incredibly inexpensive with large portions of fresh and perfectly cooked food. The food was more like you might get in an old fashioned Polish home if you were invited to eat by someones Polish grandmother . Simple but tasty. Not the fanciest of places by any imagination, but one of the best meals in Gdansk that we had. If we get back to Gdansk we would stop here again.

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank mountainportal
Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

I love polish food, so every time when I visit Poland I stick to polish cuisine. It turned out that this restaurant was only a 1 min walk from the place that we were staying at in Gdansk. The decor is extremely dated. If felt like we went back in time. Horrible tablecloths, awful furniture, I thought I was in 1993 at my aunt's house.
Food was very bland and the service was non existent. Prices are OK for someone living abroad but if you live in Gdansk food is just not worth the price.

Date of visit: January 2017