“Pleasant Pierogi Experience”

Cuisines: Polish
Good for: View
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 November 2018

I was staying near this restaurant so decided to try it on a Monday night. It was very quiet with only one other person in the restaurant. It is a very clean, bright, and welcoming space. The waitress was very friendly, prompt, and helpful with my order. She also spoke very good English, which was helpful to me. I started with the beetroot soup. I was a little disappointed with this as it was basically beet broth. It was tasty, I was just expecting something more substantial. I ordered a 10 piece combination plate with sauerkraut and mushroom pierogi, and duck pierogi. I thought both were very good. The pierogi were served steaming hot, they were stuffed full, and I thoroughly enjoyed them. I would say the portion size was slightly above average, certainly enough to fill me up. I was kindly offered dessert by the waitress, but declined. I was happy to leave on a positive note after being satisfied with my savory choices. Yes, I would definitely recommend this restaurant if you are looking for good pierogi.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 21 October 2018

My husband and I visited the restaurant on a Saturday night at about 7:30pm and were very pleased to get a table inside. The staff were very friendly and the restaurant was very clean. The menu has enough to suit someone looking for vegetarian or non vegetarian options. They had run out of a few of the non vegetarian pierogies on the menu by that time in the night. We ended up taking the 6 piece portion of the vegetarian pierogies: Spinach and feta (steamed) and the mushroom with cabbage (crispy). They were excellent and the garlic sauce which was served with the spinach and feta ones was what seemed to be a yoghurt based sauce with grated fresh garlic through it, was very tasty. They were satisfying to eat and not too heavy. We also had the homemade lemonade which was really fantastic. After dinner, we had enough room to get a 6 piece portion each of the sweet pierogies (apple and cinnamon and the Ferrero) which again were superb. We would not hesitate to go back whenever we are back in Gdansk.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

This bistro is located in a row of eateries on the island just opposite the old town. There is currently a lot of building work going on in the area which impacts on the view and noise levels. Nonetheless we enjoyed sitting outside on the terrace area that has a view of the river and we enjoyed two very good Aperol spritz.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

From three choices of dumplings:
1. Meat ones - beef - excellent - highly recommended! 10/10
2. Shrimp ones - mainly carrot with maximum one small shrimp in each 3/10
3. Duck - mainly carrot again... 4/10

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Overall the taste is good. Raspberry and cheese are excellent but...Small portions and no sides come with the pierogies. Can get more for the money.

Date of visit: August 2018