All reviews maritime museum across the river pedestrian bridge attending a conference old town sitting room watching the boats room overlooked the river chose hotel excellent shower and spoke excellent english hotel gdansk stay at this hotel again front desk staff coffee machine buffet breakfast restaurant staff
Reviewed 21 March 2018

We stayed in this beautiful hotel for a night whilst travelling through Poland, and we had a lovely room facing the river, which was frozen at the time. The room was large and very comfortable, but lacks any coffee making facilities, although this is quite common in Poland. I am a light sleeper, but managed to get a great night's sleep, which is always a boon. I would certainly stay in this hotel again, as it was great value for money.

Room tip: We had room 308 and was quiet with great views.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2018

I am currently staying here at Hotel Krolewski. I already love this hotel so much I wanted to review it now so that I can express how great a hotel this is ASAP.

The rooms are pretty, very comfortable with nice views. The TV only has polish channels but that is no problem for me. Beds are very comfortable and the pillows are too. No noise pollution here and you cannot hear other guests when in your room.

This is a very well priced hotel, in fact, I think they could charge more for the service they provide.

The location is very good, extremely close to the old town, lots of lovely restaurants, shops and the Second World War museum.

The restaurant is lovely, nicely decorated, modern and you can see the Molotawa river from inside. Breakfast I thought was very good quality, a continental style including pancakes, bacon, egg, salad and lovely cheeses. A good selection of coffee and teas are provided also.

The staff here are amazing, so so helpful and kind. Last night I went out and I wake up today to be told that they carried me to my room and tucked me in. I have lost my phone and they called people for me and really tried to help. Then they have helped me today to find my card in my room. The whole team here at hotel Krolweski have been nothing but lovely to me, it seems to me that they are definitely people who love to have guests and I am honestly so glad that I booked to stay here on account of the excellent staff alone.

If you are coming to Gdansk I cannot recommend this hotel enough, you would do well to stay here! I will definitely be coming to stay here again although the next time I hope to not be as much of a walking calamity!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 February 2018

Had a fantastic time in Gdansk so much to see and do. Hotel was very nice, warm and clean. Fantastic location, excellent service from the staff. Good buffet breakfast to start the day. Would definitely recommend a visit to Gdansk and a stay in this hotel.
Only thing that stopped me rating this hotel as excellent as being a typical Brit I do like to have a kettle in the room to make a cup of tea, this was the only thing missing.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 February 2018

My wife and I booked a stay here during out first visit to Gdansk. Just a quick aside, if traveling to Poland do not miss Gdansk. This was our first trip there after my working in annually in Warsaw over the past 12 years. Easily accessible by rail and beautiful. That said, if going I recommend the Hotel Krolewski for a convenient, centrally located but quiet, and very affordable stay. The rooms have seen better day but are clean and spacious. The building itself was a Royal grannery built in the 1480's. I rest on a small island and is an easy walk from the entire Old Town area. A breakfast buffet is on hand each morning and there is a small bar as well. all of the staff were polite, friendly, and helpful with good tips about local points of interest and dining. The hotel is a short hop[ from the rail station and the setting is ideal. It even comes complete with a silver fox that we startled walking back to our room one evening. Ha! Enjoy!!!

Room tip: Try to get a room with a water view. you will not be disappointed.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2018

To be almost a five star hotel this is not what you get for the money you spend.
We were three couples that stayed at this hotel for three nights during the New Years Eve. It’s a nice old building with wide walls. We had a room on the 2nd Floor with a view over the inner dock. The bedroom had a large double bed and a wardrobe, TV, desk and a minibar that had a very poor content. There was just one relaxing couch in front of the office desk, no places to just sit and relax.
From the hotel you can walk along to the Hotel Gdansk, which has a micro brewery. On the other side of the dock which is near nowadays because of two bridges and there is plenty of bars and restaurants to cater for a wide selection of tastes.

No friendly staff at the front desk, had no idea of most things and were no helpful.
The hotel was generally quite, but the lift pinged at each floor and the room was very responsive for what the guests said in the same hotel corridor.

Our room had an excellent view over the inner dock.
The bathroom was a good size, but the wash basin was so tiny and the shower tap spread the water all over the shower cabin.
The cleaning was bad, under the bed I just wonder if they ever had done some vacuum cleaning there.

The staff in the bar was friendly and helpful, the bar should close at ten o’clock but but as long as we sat there it was open and they had what we wanted.
A bar that’s closing at ten o’clock and the front desk doesn’t have a beer to the guests after that is not what you want.
We were staying there at New Years Eve and on that day you couldn’t get a coffee after three o’clock
The staff at breakfast was friendly and helpful and what you can expect for breakfast but not more.

Room tip: Take one with view over the inner dock
Date of stay: December 2017