Lowest prices for your stay
USD 84
View deal
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Hotels.comUSD 84
PricelineUSD 86
All reviews old building nice hotel city centre reception staff business hotel hotel restaurant parking tram connection
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 April 2016

Excellent pleasant service as well as great and clean rooms. Close to the center of the city. The parking in courtyard is advantage but the gate looks to be narrow for big cars (although are parking inside).

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Mercure_Ostrava, General Manager at Mercure Ostrava Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2016

Dear guest, We are delighted to note that we have met your expectations during your stay with us. At Mercure Ostrava Center we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel. Vladimir Sic, General Manager.

Reviewed 12 April 2016

Stayed here for a couple of nights last weekend with 3 friends. We had a couple of twin rooms.
The hotel was great. The 2 standard twin rooms were spacious and clean.
I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Mercure_Ostrava, General Manager at Mercure Ostrava Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2016

Dear Guest, Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. We are delighted to note that we have met your expectations during your stay with us. At Mercure Ostrava Center, we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and high standard service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel. Vladimir Sic, General Manager

Reviewed 11 April 2016

Overview: Stayed here for 3 nights in March on a business trip. A 4* Hotel which is reasonably well maintained but useless location away from the main town centre. The location worked for my work but come 6PM the areas around the hotel is a ghost town with an utter sense of lifeless. I had come from Krakov so after a long flight and drive was a little shocked to see that the Hotel hardly had any good café’s or restaurants nearby for no fault of its own.
Room: I was disappointed to be given this tiny room with a small single bed with little space in the room. A large man like me found the room really uninviting especially for a brand name like MERCURE. As you enter the room you have the bathroom on your left, 1 small cupboard and team making facilities. No bottles of water are provided in the room nor is the bar stocked with any reasonably priced items. Bathroom was clean and had a very powerful shower and temperature controlled taps. Towels were provided with a tiny bar of soap. Pillows were so hard but I could have requested for softer pillows – just never got round to calling reception with the fear of them not understanding me properly.
The room had a small flat screen on the wall, dressing table and one chairs so dressing table was used to keep the luggage as no separate luggage area which was a shame. A good kettle with usual tea/coffee sachets provided which was a great bonus. A window that looked out to nearby buildings/car park. AC only gave out hot air so reception informed me it did not work as a traditional AC as it was still ‘winter’. A good size electronic safe was also inside the room which never worked and instructions provided did not work – I could not be bothered to call reception – these things should be checked thoroughly before a guest is given the room.
Breakfast is a modest affair with the same pastry choices and breads daily – the layout is not even changed which makes it ever so boring. I felt really sorry for my colleagues who had come for 8 weeks staying at this Hotel who were sick of the food towards the end. The sheer lack of staff who could understand good English meant the Challenge was bigger. I ate at the hotel restaurant every night and it was a struggle to explain what I wanted as a strict vegetarian. One night the entire food I ordered was brought in wrong so had to wait twice the time which did not help. Food choices were limited and not those expected from an International brand Hotel.
Glad I was here for only 4 days – rooms can be improved a little and food choices in the restaurant need to be overhauled for sure – seems the chief Chef has been stuck here for ages with the Management of this Hotel in no rush to improve services or modernise the look and feel when compared to my stay in other remote places in the world.

Room tip: Select rooms on the quiet side of the Hotel away from the conference/main road
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post this positive comments regarding our hotel Mercure Ostrava Center. I will be sharing the comments with the team, and it will be a great motivation for us to carry on to provide comfortable and qualitative stay and improve our services and offer, especially for our long stay guests - we always offer to these guests Privilege Room with much higher comfort and free access to Privilege Lounge, with free food and beverage offer 24/7. Thank you once again for your visit, time and care, we really appreciate it. We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again. Vladimir Sic, General Manager.

Reviewed 5 April 2016

relatively small but very nice room with all necessary things on hand, clean and quiet, but next to town center. Wide offering on breakfast, very good cofee. Spacious parking. We felt very safe and satisfied.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Mercure_Ostrava, General Manager at Mercure Ostrava Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2016

Dear Guest, Thank you for your positive review on Trip Advisor. All our team and I are delighted to have such a great feedback from you. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Mercure Ostrava Center. Vladimir Sic, General Manager

Reviewed 1 April 2016

This is a good hotel with perfect location in Ostrava city center. The hotel is situated in an old charming building and you can also notice this inside the hotel. The lobby is nice and the staff is very helpful. Check-in and check-out went smoothly and all my contacts with the staff were perfect.
My room was big and faced the inner yard, which is the hotel’s parking space. The sound insulation was very good and I weren’t disturbed by any noise. The breakfast was OK, not that much to choose from but anyway enough to satisfy the basic needs. Only positive memories from this hotel from my side.

Dear Guest,
We very much appreciates your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Ostrava Center. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one. We are looking forward to welcoming you again. With best regards, Vladimir Sic, General Manager