“Great value”

Ibis Olomouc Centre
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Olomouc
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Used this for a one night stop over to visit the town whilst touring the area. Early and friendly check in, large clean comfortable room, great free wi-fi , free and secure parking, good breakfast so what not to like? Only the apology they provided as a pillow but I can live with that

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Each time when I booked Ibis hotel I am sure that I will be satisfy - good hotel for business trips. No bad points, room was clean and quite. Restaurant was with good services. Breakfast - OK, but average level.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 8 August 2017

We got a great advance deal for our stay at this hotel. With the price being so good, we were expecting basic standards. In fact, our expectations were exceeded. The location is great and there is free parking. We did have difficulty exiting the underground car park with the card not functioning and so choose to park above ground following this. The room was a good size and clean but there was no waste bin in our room, only one towel each which was small and low quality (no seperate hand towel) and only one soft pillow and one firm, meaning we had to fight it out who got which!
The staff were very helpful and friendly and the breakfast was great. I am vegetarian and was very happy. My husband is not and he was too. The fresh melon was super juicy and there were lots of homemade details like nutella and jam.
We did order a panini one night which was presented nicely and we were happy with (you have to pick up from downstairs).
On our last night it was a Friday and there were considerably more guests in, whom woke us up several times through the night, but I think this is just part and parcel of hotel stays. If it had been more than one night I would have reported it to reception.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Very well reachable hotel not far away from citicentre directly next to small train station and Flora exhibition centre.Plenty of parking around.Not so nice view on the demolition garbage all around.Hotel itself has a very good 3* standard comparable to some low priced 4*.Staff helpfull.Payment in advance.Check-in and check out quite fast.Guests mainly from IT,NL,DE. Standard room is mid-size with quite small kingsize bed.Everything is more or less clean excl.walls which were a bit scratched and dirty.Only basic furniture but thats what we like for short stay. Shower and toilet is clean but some details forgotten. Bed is very noisy on the lamino floor even just sitting on it.Upholstery of bank was a bit torn.Breakfast even limited was enough good and quite tasty.Standard English breakfast without bacon, standard ham and cheese, plenty of simply cakes and some vegetables and fruits.Coffee from machine was good but without milk(only cold extra).Great home done jams.Terrible was juice called nature..it was poor disgusting chemistry. Ca 8 minutes walk from hotel are some good restaurants.We were in restaurant Drapal.Quite expensive but so big tasty portions are unusual and nobody finished beeing satiety. In case of discounted price around 50 Eur I would return

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2017

We stayed at Ibis Hotel only for 1 night, my but overall impression was really good. I liked the big, bright rooms & bathrooms, which were really clean. Bed was also comfortable what is very important for me. The biggest negative site for me was lack of teapot or water to drink. The hotel staff was very polite and well speaking English. The breakfast was OK, but lack of sweets to coffee is always big negative for me. While looking for the hotel we paid attention to free parking, which also has been available, thought looked very small - capacity c.a. 20 cars (I think that there was also underground parking, but didn’t see an entrance). The location is OK, you can easily go to the city center to eat or sightseeing, what takes around 10-15 minutes.

Main PROs for me were:
+ big, bright, clean rooms with comfortable beds
+ free parking
+ polite and professional hotel staff
+ tasty, fresh breakfast
+ convenient location (both for transfers or longer stays)
+ Wi-fi worked fine

Main CON’s for me were:
- Shower was not sealed enough, therefore water flood part of bathroom.
- There was neither teapot, nor fresh water to drink.
- Lack of sweets to coffee after the breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple