“Great food in a nice environment ”
Review of Forhaus - CLOSED

Forhaus
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This place is temporarily closed. We would like to inform you that on Monday 26 March we decided to temporarily close the Forhaus restaurant. We thank you for a beautiful 5 years with the fulfilling concept of Austrian-Hungarian cuisine, when we explored various corners of this gastronomy and reached its borders. But now we need to earn new strength, take new inspirations, and we want to come up with a new gastronomic concept that will move us forward. At the moment, we will be opening with our partners a new branch of Stand Up Pub in Anglicka street in Prague, which we devote a lot of power to, and we believe that this will be a shift not only for our brand but mainly for our customers. Thank you for your long-term commitment and see you soon. Team of the restaurant Forhaus and family Jizdny
Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

Was there with a couple of colleagues, hence we had the opportunity to test various dishes for different courses. To make it short, we got without any exception only very nice and tasty food - tender lamb knuckle, excellent steak, Wiener Schnitzel like in Vienna, fois Gras , calamari, Sorbet, chocolate cake, Kaiserschmarren, etc, etc... all excellently and nicely prepared, and served by friendly, helpful waiters. On top a good wine selection and cold local drought beer, what was served at high speed.
What do you want more? Literally nothing - just going there again.

Restaurant M, Manažer at Forhaus, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Thank you for your kind words, we're happy that you're satisfied.

Cheers,

Steven, Junior manager

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Place was almost empty - OK it was Friday afternoon - but having heard it was good we decided to stay. Owner was smug, waiter not much better, but the worst thing (I was watching for this as I had seen it in another review) was that the waiter plonked down an opened and unasked for bottle of water as soon as we sat down, which they then charged us 55 crowns for. And when I refused to pay for it, it was VERY grudgingly removed from the bill.
As if that wasn't bad enough, the food was distinctly average - the worst of the 5 meals we ate in Brno: potato pancakes were dry, goose very uninspiring - it was St Marton's day so there was a 'goose special'. We would never return.
Nice beer was the only good thing about it - but this is Czechia, you can get good beer everywhere.

1  Thank RomanCitizen

We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience caused. The staff has been re-instructed about the water and it should never happen again. There has also been a minor preparation issue, we weren't aware by that time, with the batch of geese baked throughout the week of your visit. Therefore you got the double negative and I personally feel sorry that your visit was not to your liking.
Thank you for your fair and honest criticism of the flaws you've encountered, with it we can further improve!

Steven, Junior manager

Reviewed 4 November 2017

Great atmosphere and friendly personal. Restrooms have all you need. I love Austria-Hungary so I was excited, their chandeliers have shape of Empire.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

I went for lunch menu, got seated and was served water immediately which I did not order. I ordered 0.2l white wine with the lunch and that was very good too.
BUT at the end I was charged 55CZK for the water which I did not order and expected to be the standard part of lunch menu (especially when the bottle says it is filtered tap water)
The wine was 158CZK for 0.2l while the delicious lunch main menu was only 135CZK. My fault I did not ask about the wine price but I did not expect this in the comparison of main menu price. I felt like cheated and probably won't come back for lunch menu and if so I say no to water and order no wine.

Just beware these details if you go there.

2  Thank Michal N
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

The duck was very good as well as snitchel. The environment fantastic as well as the service. The dessert fantastic as well. The prices were also high, higher than one expected in Brno and the catalogue options are limitited enough. This is expected to maintain high quality but in my opinion it is limited more than it should be. However this is a very high quality restaurant.

Restaurant M, Manažer at Forhaus, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Hello. Thank you for your review. We cook only the highest quality raw materials, so prices are higher. We will look forward to your next visit.