All reviews conference hall business trip bath tube city centre executive room exhibition area lobby bar business hotel guarded parking nice hotel small gym included in the room price decent size hotel is located rooms are clean recommend this hotel buffet breakfast
Reviewed 2 September 2018

I made reservation for two rooms for the 25 August 2018 - by my mistake
We came to the hotel on August 21 and discover the mistake -
we ask the reception to cancel the reservation and they agree !!!
The same day (21 August) I recieved an Email from BOOKING.COM that the cancellation is for FREE !!!!
Then on the 22 August DESPITE THE ABOVE PROMISE AND EMAIL !!!
I recieved a mail saying that They will charge me 61 Euro - was taken from my credit card !!!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Petr S, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Brno, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Dear Mr. Shimon,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel.
We are very sorry to hear you were not satisfied with our service.
I would like to inform you that you booked your stay via Booking.com and therefore agreed with their conditions.
On your arrival, we have offered you our best suite for the special prize even you do not have the reservation for the correct date. Our receptionist informed that you should cancel your wrong reservation directly on Booking.com by yourself and that the conditions there still applied.
Your rate was not refundable and as a favour, we charged you only half of the rate. No one promised you that the cancellation was for free. You agreed with the conditions when booking your room.
We are very sorry for this but that's why we are offering several types of rates (refundable, nonrefundable, etc,)
Next time please do not hesitate to book directly with us so we can offer you best price with best conditions and change the reservation whenever you want.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.

Petr Skřivánek

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Very friendly and helpful staff, helped us change rooms despite near full occupancy, good beds, good airco, hotel is in the middle of renovations, but still manages a good hospitality standard, decent breakfast spread, nice deals for family rooms. Good and spacious guarded parking facility. We had a good visit.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Petr S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brno, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Dear Mr. ClogsPl,

Thank you so much for choosing Holiday Inn Brno and for your nice review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We would like to to thank our guests for their patience during reconstructions and we are happy it does not affect their stay.

We hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

First off, I am not a fan of huge chain hotels, but as I had no choice, I as pleasantly surprised.

I liked the room itself, and the internet was easy once I figure it out, plus it was rather quick. It was also very convenient for work. I also liked that they had Lemon Water available in the lobby, as it was just a miserably hot day - nice touch.

Why 4 stars...the bed is absolutely the softest bed I have ever had...talk about sinking feeling LOL. The pillows were nice as was the linens. I know this is a personal thing, but I really do prefer hard beds, if you like soft matresses, you will be more than happy here.

Breakfast was good, but on a Sunday it was crowded with families, and many specialty items, like croissants were out and not replaced. The coffee was actually good.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Petr S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brno, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Dear Mr. JC505

We would like to thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Brno for your stay. This year we are celebrating 25 years in Brno and during these years we have been trying to constantly improve our services according to the worldwide standards and guest needs.

We are happy you have noticed these personal touches.
During summer time, the breakfast restaurant can be busier on weekend. We are constantly replenishing the buffet but sometimes it can take some time to prepare fresh pastries because we are baking them ourselves. Thank you for your patience.
Once again thank you for your nice feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Sincerely

Reviewed 27 July 2018

Stayed in this hotel while attending a convention at the congress center next door. The hotel is in a pretty quiet area, and is well-maintained although they seem to be undergoing some construction so there are various items in hallways and other work going on. This did not really create any discomfort, though. They have a small but modern gym on the top floor that is kept up well. The rooms are modern, and good sized, with tray for coffee and tea. For some reason (at least in my room) there was a price list for items from the non-existent mini-bar. But overall, I was pleased with the facility and cleanliness. As opposed to others, i thought the breakfast selection was large and good quality. Also, the staff was very efficient and helpful. The only downside is that they get a varied type of guests and there seemed to be some groups of younger people that were a bit noisy. A colleague of mine reported being kept up until 3 AM by some partying going on in the room next door (in fact, walls seem a bit thin regarding sound-proofing). In principle, hotel cannot be blamed for this, and probably a complaint would have settled this matter but I usually do not see this kind of situation in business hotels. Still, if I had need to be in Brno again, would not hesitate to choose this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank SRCIsrael
Petr S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brno, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Dear Mr. SRCIsrael,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback.
We are sorry you were disturbed by your neighbours. Next time do not hesitate to contact our reception and they will settle this matter.
It is a great pleasure to hear that you are planning to return to us again, since we can’t wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

In an otherwise nicely appointed and conveniently located hotel, there is the shower from hell. Poorly designed it pretty much guarantees that you’ll end up with an inch of water on the floor. You have two choices from the shower head: sandblasting or trickle.

It is a shame because the bar is nice, the restaurant is excellent and the room is comfortable. But when you dread showering in the morning that takes the luster off the room.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank vblex
Petr S, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brno, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Dear vblex,

We would like to thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Brno and for your nice review. We are happy you took advantage of our location and liked our bar and restaurant.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the shower problem in your room.
Could you please send me more information at gec@hibrno.cz together with your room number so we can check the bathroom and fix the problem?

Once again thank you for your visit and we hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you better in the future. Should any requirements will arise do not hesitate to contact us in advance.

Sincerely