All reviews grand hotel train station travelling by train executive suite liquid soap old town tram noise hotel bar city centre standard room czech republic location is excellent main station parking space breakfast was excellent booked this hotel big room
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Stayed here only 1 night. Just about enough to see Brno. I feel we could have done better although the service levels and attention to detail will be a problem in most places in area. Nothing great about hotel. It is an historic building and kept rather clean but it needs updating. The stuff appear to be in pain and would rather do something different. Breakfast is basic and uninteresting and of average quality. Positives being close to train station and city center. A couple of hotels close by looked like they would have been a better choice.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Grandhotel B, Manažer at Grandhotel Brno, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Dear Geo,
thank you for your review, At this time, the hotel undergoes a reconstruction, so I hope in your next visit Grandhotel Brno you will be much more satisfied.

Reviewed 21 August 2018

My friend booked the hotel for our trip to Brno. He'd been there before and stayed somewhere fantastic. Now, he has many great qualities but attention to detail is perhaps not one of them. He vaguely remembered the name had 'Grand' in it, so booked the Grandhotel. Unfortunately, he had actually stayed at the Grandezza Hotel. They are both 4 star hotels and are about 5 mins away from one another but there the resemblance ends. For the Grandhotel Brno is a case study in why the hotel star rating system is a total farce. It is understaffed. Its technology is out of date, with no accurate information about whether the rooms are configured as doubles or twins. The phone in my (4th floor) room didn't work, so my two requests for an ironing board both required a physical trip to the (overworked) receptionist is required. The shower-head leaked. Only one of the two bed-side lamps worked - I took the broken one down to reception on the first night and it was not replaced during the two-day stay. The air conditioning took about an hour to make a difference to the room temperature. An experience like this is valuable once in a while because it makes you appreciate the real 4 star hotels even more. Next time I will be in charge of the booking - and hopefully I will be in the Grandezza!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
I am very sorry, that you were not satisfied with staying in Grandhotel Brno :( and you had to wait so a long time for new bed. Did you want to discuss with the hotel manager? I hope we could find solution to solve the problem. I hope you visit again Grandhotel Brno.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

I went there in an extremely hot summer day and hoped to cool down a bit; unfortunately, the air-condition in the room didn't work at all. The air it was bringing in was not cooler than the air outside.

Room Tip: Ask for good aircondition, or don't go there in summer
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo

Dear Peter,
I am very sorry, that you were not satisfied in Granhotel Brno. Unfortunatelly it takes about 1 hour than temperature is lower in the room.
We are looking forward to your next visit

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a day... Good location, spacious rooms, Nice breakfast with a Casino...

Overall service needs improvement. I asked for a Hot water kettle + tea bags /sugar etc ( I believe this is available by default , in hotels of this standard)...They asked us to upgrade to a “ superior “ room post which this would be given ... A mere kettle and tea bags..

Also Reception/ Concierge do not answer the phones....annoying at times.

These small improvements can go a long way!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Grandhotel B, Manager at Grandhotel Brno, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at Grandhotel Brno and for your feedback about your recent visit.
We do have kettles and other amenities at our higher category rooms, that´s true, but we also bring room service/ tea/coffee...etc. to the Standard rooms if it´s asked for, so we don´t understand what happened during your stay and apologize for this misunderstanding.
Most of the times we have only one receptionist at the hotel reception and I hope that you understand that he or she might be on the second line or helping someone away from the phone.

Thank you once again for your comments, it´s very important for us.

Have a great day and we believe that you won´t be disapointed on your next adventure at Grandhotel Brno.

Best Regards,
GHB Management

Reviewed 16 July 2018

I like everything. The old-fashioned stylish hotel with a real chiq of art decor. Rooms are big and comfy. Breakfast was excellent . The huge choice of fresh fruits. Location is very convinient to start a strolling over the city. A lot of parking space. The best choice to stop in Brno.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Grandhotel B, Manager at Grandhotel Brno, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Dear hotel guest,

Thank you very much for staying at Grandhotel Brno and for your excellent review, we appreciate your kind words and that you took your time and wrote this feedback about your recent stay in Brno.
Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Have a great day and thank you once more.

GHB Management