“Poor service - ruined our family dinner”

Potrefena Husa Dejvice
Ranked #1,578 of 6,084 Restaurants in Prague
Price range: USD 3 - USD 20
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Praha 6
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The manager denied they had taken our reservation - even though they clearly did. And yet the manager went on to argue with us in a very rude way, which is something you would not expect. Standing next to him, we called the phone number we used a day before to confirm we really had our reservation, and the phone started ringing in his hand... He didn't apologize or anything. It was not a big deal but him being so rude totally ruined the evening for us. Plus the food was not great for the price, and they brought my burger quite cold.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

The food is ok there. There is not much competition around so this is a save choice. You have to be lucky to get a good service. Usually it is not the case. The owner tries to charge for absolutely everything so be ready to end with some strange, small items in your bill. Especially the surcharge for credit card payment is annoying.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

This is over priced for what you get. The portions are small as well and even if you ask for a glass of water to go with your wine they will not give it to you instead they want you to purchase a bottle of water from them.

1  Thank steven r
Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

We have been coming to this restaurant frequently for the past eight years. I have written positive reviews in the past. Potrafena Husa Dejvice has changed for the worse. Yesterday's visit was a disappointment. The quality of food and also the presentation was poor. One person in our group got a very small portion...At the same time prices has increased noticeably. I had a chicken club sandwich almost without any chicken...my daughter got a hair in the dressing. Another person in our company had steak which was very tough and chewy.
We decided that this was the last time for us at Potrafena Husa Dejvice. Not good!

1  Thank X_Amgirl
Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

I have never experienced service staff behave in such an aggressive and rude manner. The second visit there, we left after complaining to an indifferent manager.

I went there twice. The first time the wait staff was tolerable throughout the meal, but then our waitress ruined it at the end by asking us to leave, but no other guests. It was approaching closing time, but they were also still serving beer to other customers. Huh? I regret leaving a tip.

The second time there, we left before the main meal arrived. The waitress spoke very harshly with us... completely unprovoked, exceptionally rude. I honestly don't know if there is some cultural difference at play there, but she would have been fired on the spot in many other places.

I spoke to the manager on the way out and told him that we were leaving before our ordered food arrived because his waitress had been extremely rude to us. He reluctantly muttered an apology. I don't expect him to do anything.

The manager also shouldn't expect that I will visit that restaurant again. That goose layed an egg. I'll spend my money elsewhere,... where the service staff do their jobs properly and don't mistreat their customers.

1  Thank R B