All reviews old town square fridge and microwave great location exchange your money doors banging nice budget hotel dlouha street rooms are basic but clean republic square thin walls close to the main square small balcony triple room free wifi less than a minute walk reception staff are bars and restaurants
Reviewed 31 December 2011

I stayed here recently during Christmas for 2 nights. I was pleasantly surprised as despite the cheap price (14 Euros per person per night for a triple room including free Wifi and breakfast) Note: The breakfast isn't anything to shout about. But the service was excellent and the rooms clean, comfortable and functional. I had my doubts walking through the front door which was very small and I missed it the first time I walked down the street but its far better than many of the hostels I've stayed in. The linens were clean, the bed comfortable and the room well lit and quiet. Although the bathrooms put me off slightly (see-through door). The staff spoke perfect English and they were all very helpful pointing out the sights, some good restaurants and even teaching us how to get around on public transport. They also offer good exchange rates for Euros to Czech crowns. Better than the one you get at the train station or around the town. The location is fantastic - literally 5-10 minutes from the Old Town and right next to the Prague Beer Museum.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jasryn
Reviewed 9 December 2011

The location is very good, just 10 min. walk from the Astrological Clock and 30 Min. from the Charles bridge. I found the hotel very good, the staff was very helpful and the breakfast very hearty. The problem I found was with the room, sure it is very spacious, the bed great, but the details, thats the problem. Seems like they don´t invest in the hotel much, "if it breaks, it stays broken" sort of ideals. The Microwave was broken as well as the hair dryer, the safe was locked and no one knew how to open it and the last day the heater was down, so it was a very chilly night.

A tip if you travel by car. The parking is not only small but very expensive (Although compared to other hotels it was reasonable) so I suggest a Park and Drive. Check out "Park and Drive in Prague" and many webpages will explain it to you. Its a bit adventorous, because the parking spot is in the outskirts but its worth it, 15 EUR for 4 day parking.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2011

Stayed at residence bene for 3 nights. Ok, the hotel comfort isnt the greatest, but you get good value for the small price you pay. The location is genius, only 5 minuts walk to old town square. There are also a good variety of restaurants and pubs nearby. The hotel is wall-to-wall with Prague beer museum, a pub that specialises in czech beer, and has 30 kinds of beer on tap! Negatives are that the towels definitly needs to be changed, they are rough and thin, and in our room (room 61) the shower did not have any waterpressure, and the shower head was broken.
But all in all good value for your money!

Would like to recomend the roast duck and pork knee! Almost every restaurant has this on the menu, and are worth a try :-)

We went this time of year to be a part of the christmas marked. It was beautiful, but I have been to christmas marked in Germany before (Hamburg) and I liked the German one better. The food is very limited, and quite expensive.. But a great experience anyway, I absolutly love Prague! :-)

Room Tip: We lived on the 6. floor, and i would recomend that you ask for a room on the top floors because of the traffic noise!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank irzet
Reviewed 22 November 2011

I cannot believe that anyone could be negative about this Hotel.
PLeasant staff -,good breakfast- warm room-free wifi- and super low price!!!!!
Anyone who disagrees must have mental and personality disorder!!!
Well done every one at Residence Bene--LOVE you and your country

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 September 2011

I stayed at Bene for a week and and in three different rooms and was happy with the staff and room. I had keep extending my stay so I had to move rooms a couple of times which isnt fun. I would say if you get stuck in the basement you wont be happy as the room is tiny and the wifi internet didn't work. They cut bill bill by 50% which was fair of them but I would rather pay full price and not have the headache. There are two great places to eat just down the road from the hotel which was nice. All in all I liked it and would say for the money and how good the location is you cant beat Bene!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business