All reviews old town square great location fridge and microwave rooms are basic but clean nice budget hotel thin walls republic square close to the main square small balcony triple room free wifi reception staff are bars and restaurants per night tea coffee by foot ten minute walk
Reviewed 9 December 2011

The location is very good, just 10 min. walk from the Astrological Clock and 30 Min. from the Charles bridge. I found the hotel very good, the staff was very helpful and the breakfast very hearty. The problem I found was with the room, sure it is very spacious, the bed great, but the details, thats the problem. Seems like they don´t invest in the hotel much, "if it breaks, it stays broken" sort of ideals. The Microwave was broken as well as the hair dryer, the safe was locked and no one knew how to open it and the last day the heater was down, so it was a very chilly night.

A tip if you travel by car. The parking is not only small but very expensive (Although compared to other hotels it was reasonable) so I suggest a Park and Drive. Check out "Park and Drive in Prague" and many webpages will explain it to you. Its a bit adventorous, because the parking spot is in the outskirts but its worth it, 15 EUR for 4 day parking.

Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2011

Stayed at residence bene for 3 nights. Ok, the hotel comfort isnt the greatest, but you get good value for the small price you pay. The location is genius, only 5 minuts walk to old town square. There are also a good variety of restaurants and pubs nearby. The hotel is wall-to-wall with Prague beer museum, a pub that specialises in czech beer, and has 30 kinds of beer on tap! Negatives are that the towels definitly needs to be changed, they are rough and thin, and in our room (room 61) the shower did not have any waterpressure, and the shower head was broken.
But all in all good value for your money!

Would like to recomend the roast duck and pork knee! Almost every restaurant has this on the menu, and are worth a try :-)

We went this time of year to be a part of the christmas marked. It was beautiful, but I have been to christmas marked in Germany before (Hamburg) and I liked the German one better. The food is very limited, and quite expensive.. But a great experience anyway, I absolutly love Prague! :-)

Room tip: We lived on the 6. floor, and i would recomend that you ask for a room on the top floors because of the traffic noise!
Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank irzet
Reviewed 22 November 2011

I cannot believe that anyone could be negative about this Hotel.
PLeasant staff -,good breakfast- warm room-free wifi- and super low price!!!!!
Anyone who disagrees must have mental and personality disorder!!!
Well done every one at Residence Bene--LOVE you and your country

Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 1 September 2011

I stayed at Bene for a week and and in three different rooms and was happy with the staff and room. I had keep extending my stay so I had to move rooms a couple of times which isnt fun. I would say if you get stuck in the basement you wont be happy as the room is tiny and the wifi internet didn't work. They cut bill bill by 50% which was fair of them but I would rather pay full price and not have the headache. There are two great places to eat just down the road from the hotel which was nice. All in all I liked it and would say for the money and how good the location is you cant beat Bene!

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Recidence Bene was our home for 2 nights in our visit to Prague and i will stay there again whenever i go back to town.

We got the Biggest Room i've seen in all Europe for a very cheap rate (35 Euro / night) it was clean and nice with a good view of the Dlouha Street. I decided to extend our stay for 1 day and got a little mad when i had to change room but i got a discount in the rate and a nice room so i can't complain.

The Staff is very friendly and they can help you with anything you need.

Something amazing of this Hotel is the Location, 5 mins walking from Old Town Square and if you enjoy walking 15 mins from the Hlavni Nadrazi (main train station).

The breakfast is not remarkable, but its enought to start the day.

You can use internet in the Lobby at any time for free or if you have laptop they have wi-fi for free.

Date of stay: December 2010