“Receipt Charges”

Ranked #1,908 of 6,181 Restaurants in Prague
Price range: USD 10 - USD 40
Cuisines: French, Czech, International
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Description: The rooftop terrace of our U Prince family hotel has been voted by various guide books and magazines as one of the most impressive rooftop restaurants in the world.
Reviewed 13 December 2020 via mobile

I recently went to this restaurant with a friend and we both ordered an entree and drinks. The waiter brought bread and butter, me and my friend didn't even touch it, but thought nothing about it. My suggestion is if you do not intend to eat the bread and butter, tell the waiter you do not want it or even better you did not ask for it. When I got the receipt I saw 2 charges on my receipt I didn't understand. I found out that z-couvert is the bread and butter that was brought to our table.... it's not much..... but here is some advice for the restaurant: if you do not intend to give the bread and butter free, you NEED TO ASK the customer if they want it BEFORE just giving it to them and then charging them for it. It's SUPER RUDE! The second charge i didn't understand why I got charged was: 20X specialita bar 15%. My first question is why was 20X charged when you can see we just got 3 drinks........ again, it's not much but why 20?? And why am I being charged for my drink on top of a bar fee?? Literally so annoyed by this. I do not recommend anyone going to a place that tries to scam their customers.

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank ashleysR6066AL
Write a reviewReviews (2,534)

Reviewed 13 October 2020 via mobile

We really enjoyed the breathtaking view from the roof of one of the Old Town Square houses...you see all around and it is really marvellous, especially when the afternoon is ending and the evening with its lights comes! The cuisine (I mean the meals) misuses the location, it is lower medium, nothing special incl. the service. Our waiter got his breath only when operated the foreign tourists in contrary to the local Czech guests approach (they represent however the majority in these COVID days and restrictions?!). It is obvious that the prices include in its calculation more of the rental fee than the skills of the cook. The unique quality seems to be the location only, unfortunately

Date of visit: October 2020
1  Thank Mili S
Reviewed 20 September 2020

Hi guys, Yesterday (19/09/2020) I had an experience at this restaurant.
- The scenery is wonderful (best photo)
- The drinks are delicious, fresh
- Food: I ordered Tiger Prawn Spaghetti but when I arrived I ate some but the noodles were not really cooked, I asked my friends to try it and they agreed with me. it has not reached maturity yet.
- service: At first, there was a waiter aged 30 and over who was very happy with us. But after I complained about the plate of unripe noodles, a quiet young waiter took it away with an unhappy attitude. After I waited for 20-25 minutes the young waiter brought it out (felt like he was about to shove the plate in my face) and didn't say a word (ask permission or apologize) and left. That word gave me an uncomfortable feeling here.

Date of visit: September 2020
1  Thank ANANAS168
Reviewed 14 September 2020 via mobile

The view of the restaurant is the best. You should book one day in advance to be able to enter. We only had drinks they were good.

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 30 August 2020 via mobile

Zero-star (if I wasn’t limited by technology). The one and only decent thing about this place was the “view.” Otherwise, unless you enjoy money being separated from your wallets by a waiter who needs to be chased around and reminded to bring you the check, stay away from this place.

Oh, and to top off our zero-star experience, our dish was tasteless, drinks were over priced while including only the barest of the minimum amount of alcohol to be legally classified as a cocktail, and did I mention that I had to actually chase the waiter for the privilege of paying for all the zero-star experience?

But damn, the view was nice. So next time, in a universe that’s just asking for disappointments, please hold all the drinks, the food, and just bring me the view. Thank you.

Date of visit: August 2020