Hotel Julian(Prague)
USD 101
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 133/night.

USD 185
USD 165
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 188/night.

USD 154
USD 138
USD 169
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 205/night.

Hotel UNIC Prague(Prague)
USD 166
USD 141
  • Pool
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 206/night.

USD 151
USD 128
  • Pool
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 194/night.

Czech Inn(Prague)(Great Value!)
USD 83
USD 71
  • Bar/Lounge
USD 641
USD 535
  • Restaurant
All reviewsriver viewswans and ducksfrench doorshotel boatsuperior double roomtop deckold townregular hotelacross the riverdancing housetram stopfantastic stayrooms are smallbreakfast is servedlovely roomcomfy bedprague castle
Reviewed 27 August 2010

Booked here for our wedding anniversary dinner and couldn't fault the welcome, service, food and wine. Because I am claustrophobic we asked when booking for a table as close to the outside as possible but not on the terrace in case the weather was poor. We got exactly that just inside the double doors to the terrace. The food was really good and the setting was perfect with swans visiting every few minutes. We had two courses, Octopus with pesto and a greek salad to start with and duck for me and steak for my husband. Including the bottle of wine this came to about £90 and we thought it was well worth the money. Thank you to everyone for a very special evening.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joyceyorks
Reviewed 21 July 2010

Great location!! Very special hotel! Different atmosphere due to the hotel being a house boat! The rooms have a o.k. size but who needs a gigantic room anyway? Therefore, we would give the room a 4 out of 5 but only because there was no aircon and it was super hot in July (around 38 degrees). Great location - close to everything! Clean rooms, international programms on TV, every room had a fan and nice, clean bathroom with great shower! We slept like babies, not noisy at all.

I would truely recommend a stay there! -- ABSOLUT EMPFEHLENSWERT

Cheers & have fun

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 May 2010

First of all be aware this is actually two boats now, the original was Matylda and now moored next to it, is Klotylda but you book it as if it were Matylda.

This hotel is basically 2 converted barges moored on the Vltava river by the Mines gallery and on the junction of the Jiraskuv Most bridge. Klotylda is brand new and was not quite finished when we stayed. When we were there the Air conditioning was not yet wired up and the first two days it was stifling with the outside temp around 24 degrees C, if it were not for the breeze it would have been unbearable and stuffy. I would advise checking if it is fully working before you book.
We stayed in one of the Executive Double rooms (no 17) which was on the walkway side unfortunately, so did not get a river view. The rooms are very small and cosy and I do not think great for more than a few days. As we had to have the windows open due to not having the air con it was quite noisy during daylight and evening as the constant traffic and police ambulance sirens went by.

Its location is good and outside of the very expensive central areas, yet the no 17 tram stops right outside and for 26KC (£1) you get into town in about 8m. I would advise buying the 100kc ticket from the local underground stations as this lest you on bus, train and trams all day for the equivalent of £4 !

However for all its failings this was a great place to stay, easy to get to, pleasant and comfortable. The meal in the restaurant was the best we had in Prague (but also the most expensive) and the surroundings were good. I recommend this for its quirky way and being so unusual. It is not the best place we have stayed in but far from the worst and I would recommend it as being good value for money and easily accessible without the madness of the central nightlife. 8/10

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 March 2010

I had an very pleasant and quite unique stay in Prague for 4 weeks in February/ March 2010. I stayed at the Botel Matylda, or to be more specific at the sister ship Klotylda. The boats are moored next to each other on the Vltava river in the middle of Prague next to the "Fred and Ginger" house designed by Frank Gery and only a five minutes walk from the National Theatre. As I was staying for a longer period,I had booked a junior suite on the upper deck of Klotylda. . It is one of the most charming hotel rooms I have ever seen. The old river boat has been beautifully renovated with emphasis on quality. From my room I had a direct view to the Prague Castle. I was a bit worried about the temperature, as it was bitterly cold when I arrived. However the boat was warm and comfortabl. Even though the boat is moored in the center of the city there was no traffic noise. The only sound you could hear was the ducks and swans in the morning. The cabin (room) did also have a small private deck, where I was given a table and two chairs when spring finally came. The breakfast was served in the sister "ship" Matylda which had one of Prague's best Italian restaurants. The staff (crew) on both boats were exceptional and did everything to make my stay a pleasant one. It was a privilege to stay in Prague under such conditions and I give my warmest recommendations toi this very special hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2010

I went with my girlfriend for a pre-christmas break after reading good reviews. The staff were initially welcoming although you feel you are playing second fiddle to the restaurant which is their main priority. The rooms are very small and the beds pretty uncomfortable. Its important to note that of 7 rooms, 4 face the river and 3 face the concrete riverside. Ours did face outwards and the view was pleasant and yes, feeding the ducks and swans was nice - its the only use for the breakfast bread which was remarkably stale (breakfast poor in general - cold coffee, cheap cold cuts and burnt ham fat as bacon). The problems arose with the toilet which works on a pump basis but allows for paper. Ours however became blocked and overflowed - a bathroom full of effluence is both unpleasant and embarrassing. We reported this to the staff as we went out and returned to find they had taken my girlfriends sanitary products to reception and proceeded to wave them at us and demand 30 euros (they had only been brought as a precaution and were not even open and certainly not used!). Their English was not good enough to have a debate on the matter and it soured the entire stay.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple