“Unique idea, special birthday surprise, wonderful location”
Review of Botel Matylda

Botel Matylda
Ranked #84 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 20 September 2010

Superior room was a very high standard with wonderful shower and very good breakfast on boat behind. Great central position

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank joanna1130
There are newer reviews for Botel Matylda

Reviewed 27 August 2010

Booked here for our wedding anniversary dinner and couldn't fault the welcome, service, food and wine. Because I am claustrophobic we asked when booking for a table as close to the outside as possible but not on the terrace in case the weather was poor. We got exactly that just inside the double doors to the terrace. The food was really good and the setting was perfect with swans visiting every few minutes. We had two courses, Octopus with pesto and a greek salad to start with and duck for me and steak for my husband. Including the bottle of wine this came to about £90 and we thought it was well worth the money. Thank you to everyone for a very special evening.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joyceyorks
Reviewed 21 July 2010

Great location!! Very special hotel! Different atmosphere due to the hotel being a house boat! The rooms have a o.k. size but who needs a gigantic room anyway? Therefore, we would give the room a 4 out of 5 but only because there was no aircon and it was super hot in July (around 38 degrees). Great location - close to everything! Clean rooms, international programms on TV, every room had a fan and nice, clean bathroom with great shower! We slept like babies, not noisy at all.

I would truely recommend a stay there! -- ABSOLUT EMPFEHLENSWERT

Cheers & have fun

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 May 2010

First of all be aware this is actually two boats now, the original was Matylda and now moored next to it, is Klotylda but you book it as if it were Matylda.

This hotel is basically 2 converted barges moored on the Vltava river by the Mines gallery and on the junction of the Jiraskuv Most bridge. Klotylda is brand new and was not quite finished when we stayed. When we were there the Air conditioning was not yet wired up and the first two days it was stifling with the outside temp around 24 degrees C, if it were not for the breeze it would have been unbearable and stuffy. I would advise checking if it is fully working before you book.
We stayed in one of the Executive Double rooms (no 17) which was on the walkway side unfortunately, so did not get a river view. The rooms are very small and cosy and I do not think great for more than a few days. As we had to have the windows open due to not having the air con it was quite noisy during daylight and evening as the constant traffic and police ambulance sirens went by.

Its location is good and outside of the very expensive central areas, yet the no 17 tram stops right outside and for 26KC (£1) you get into town in about 8m. I would advise buying the 100kc ticket from the local underground stations as this lest you on bus, train and trams all day for the equivalent of £4 !

However for all its failings this was a great place to stay, easy to get to, pleasant and comfortable. The meal in the restaurant was the best we had in Prague (but also the most expensive) and the surroundings were good. I recommend this for its quirky way and being so unusual. It is not the best place we have stayed in but far from the worst and I would recommend it as being good value for money and easily accessible without the madness of the central nightlife. 8/10

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 March 2010

I had an very pleasant and quite unique stay in Prague for 4 weeks in February/ March 2010. I stayed at the Botel Matylda, or to be more specific at the sister ship Klotylda. The boats are moored next to each other on the Vltava river in the middle of Prague next to the "Fred and Ginger" house designed by Frank Gery and only a five minutes walk from the National Theatre. As I was staying for a longer period,I had booked a junior suite on the upper deck of Klotylda. . It is one of the most charming hotel rooms I have ever seen. The old river boat has been beautifully renovated with emphasis on quality. From my room I had a direct view to the Prague Castle. I was a bit worried about the temperature, as it was bitterly cold when I arrived. However the boat was warm and comfortabl. Even though the boat is moored in the center of the city there was no traffic noise. The only sound you could hear was the ducks and swans in the morning. The cabin (room) did also have a small private deck, where I was given a table and two chairs when spring finally came. The breakfast was served in the sister "ship" Matylda which had one of Prague's best Italian restaurants. The staff (crew) on both boats were exceptional and did everything to make my stay a pleasant one. It was a privilege to stay in Prague under such conditions and I give my warmest recommendations toi this very special hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple