“Ideal for romantic trip to Prague”
Review of Botel Matylda

Botel Matylda
Ranked #77 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel is located on a boat. The rooms are small, but you pay for a unique atmosphere and fabulous picture window. I would not say that the location is great, because it was not so easy for us to reach the hotel from the nearest metro station having two big suitcases, however all main sights are in 15-25 mins walk. The restaurant is on a separate boat next to the hotel.Although our breakfast was quite standard, I can highly recommend to have a dinner there.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 August 2017

We had seen this unusual restaurant near our hotel, so booked a table for our 2nd night in Prague. We were shown to a table on the right hand side of the boat looking on to the river with all its evening activities.Our waiter was polite and friendly and our drinks were quickly brought to the table. The food is quite expensive as main courses do not come with vegetables. I ordered the salmon, while my husband went for the steak. I accompanied mine with diced fried potatoes (which were delicious) and roasted vegetables. Unfortunately the main vegetable was aubergine, which I'm not a big fan of, so I didn't enjoy these as much. These vegetables were also my husband's choice, along with potato gnocchi which he claimed was delicious. We both had room for dessert. Mine was a wonderful tiramisu. My husband chose something chocolate with cherries. This didn't remain on his plate long enough for me to have a good look at it! The cocktails were much cheaper than in England, so I finished off with a Strawberry Margarita, which I really enjoyed. All the staff were really friendly. We wanted to visit the restaurant again on our last night but couldn't as there was a big party booked in.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Having tired of Prague's heavy meat dishes loaded with bready dumplings and brown sauce, we opted for an Italian meal not too far from Italy. The Restaurant Botel Matylda is nicely appointed yet in a fun locale. Sitting on a moored boat on the boardwalk let's you watch the multitude of young people enjoying their evening and hear the cacophony of live music and traffic. It was not too loud or disruptive; just very alive. It gave life to the somewhat formal surroundings on the boat.

The staff were attentive and helpful. Their ties were too short which was an odd look. But I assume it was to keep them from dangling into the food.

My minestrone was chock full of veggies. The salmon tartare was nicely seasoned. My wife had the branzino and I had the grilled Halibut. The branzino came whole which was fine with us. The halibut came filleted. There are few veggies on the plate as individual sides must be ordered at a price. Prices in Prague are generally low to moderate so it doesn't feel like being gouged. My only complaint is both the halibut and my side salad came sitting in too much oil. Even if grilling requires oil, it's 2017. No one needs 500 calories of extra oil sloshing about the plate or bowl. But both of our fish were well cooked and tasty. My wife's side of grilled veggies was not in oil and was fine (if a bit small).

In all, we enjoyed the meal and recommend the restaurant. It is not among Italy's finest, but it does not pretend to be so. It is fairly priced and serves a nicely cooked meal. The menu has a lot of Standard Italian fare. I could have ordered any number of pasta and meat dishes. If you want a night off from the dumpling lump in your stomach, Restaurant Botel Matylda serves a very good, solid, tasty Italian meal.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed in this 'botel' for one night, on the older boat (Matylda). Our room was clean and cosy but very small, yet this was no problem since the location is fantastic. The breakfast and dinner is excellent, with a very friendly staff. The rivierside rooms have a lovely view. There's one point to improve: airconditioning would be very, very welcome on warm days.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2017

What a great experience to stay in a boat in the middle of the rives, with all I could need, fantastic breakfast with amazing views of the river, the castle and the old town. I would totally recomand it to anybody that would like to discover the city of Prage from a perfect location to walk averywhere.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple