“Great Hotel and Location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Eurostars Thalia Hotel

Eurostars Thalia Hotel
Ranked #149 of 667 Hotels in Prague
London
“Great Hotel and Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

Can't wait to visit Prague again and when we do we will be staying at the Eurostars Thalia again!
Lovely Hotel in a fantastic location. Everything is within walking distance, Charles Bridge is just 5 minutes away. If you don't like walking as much as we do there is a tram stop right outside the hotel and a metro stop 5 minutes away (right next to the Tesco!)
The rooms are beautiful and have everything you need. Even underfloor heating in the bathroom!
The staff were nice and professional, showed us where all the local sites were upon our arrival. They could have been a bit more welcoming though and we did have to wait 4 hours for our room when we got there as check in wasn't until 2pm, no one had told us this but this is as much Thomas Cooks fault as the hotels. But no one apologised for this which we were not very happy about as we had been up for around 24hours by the time of our arrival.
However the clean warm room made up for this and Prague is a beautiful city so it was worth the wait!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

I was relocated to this hotel after a booking error at a hotel I was staying at for 2 nights previous. I didn't know what to expect when I arrived since I was shuffled to the hotel quickly without doing any research, but was pleasantly surprised to find that the hotel was quite nice.

The girl who checked me in was relatively friendly, but she didn't make any special effort to speak to me in English even though I made it clear that I didn't speak Czech. It took a while to check me in but once I got to my room I was glad to be there.

The public spaces of the hotel were large and clean, upon arrival.

The room itself was quite large and I had a nice room overlooking the main street (Narondi, I believe it was called). Most people would mind the noise and bustle, but I enjoyed the lively crowd and kept my windows open anyway.

The bed is very large but the mattress was very hard and uncomfortable to sleep on. The hardwood floors in the room were a nice touch and I was very pleased at the upkeep of them - they looked wonderful! The room is modern with a large tv that hangs on the wall.

As for the bathroom, it was also modern, including a very large tub and a shower. However, the semi-door that was meant to shield the water from getting on the floor when showering was a joke. It was a half-wall that moved and by the time I got out of the shower the bathroom was nearly flooded! I used nearly all my towels to sop up the water both times I showered in the room. Very disappointing.

The afternoon I arrived I filled out the room service request for breakfast in bed. The next morning I waited and waited for my breakfast and it never came. Turns out they never even took the order off my door. I was VERY frustrated. So I got dressed and headed to their breakfast room and was very pleasantly surprised. There was a ton of food choices, all well kept and fresh looking. The food was very good and the seating options were abundant. When you walked into the breakfast room, there was a table with several 1-page news articles for guests from all sorts of countries in all sorts of languages. It was so nice to have something to read during breakfast about news in my own country, in my own language - nice touch!

Check out was a breeze, but I was put off that I couldn't print my boarding pass from the computer in the lobby. I had to save the file and email to the front desk. Seems a little ridiculous for a 4-5 star hotel. They should invest in a printer for the guest computer.

I had their car service take me to their airport. There was confusion with the driver if he accepted Euros (they do) and although I told him Terminal 2, I was dropped at Terminal 1. The driver speaks VERY little English which was frustrating, considering.

Overall, I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank ChicagoCityDweller
Wroclaw
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2011

Excellent location to all the main sights and town. Within walking distance of Charles bridge, Wenceslas square, shops. Short walk from the subway. The hotel was very clean with a warm friendly atmosphere. The rooms are large and very confortable but the ones in front of the main street are noisy. The breakfast is also good - buffet with plenty of hot and cold meal options. Very friendly and helpfull staff.
Breakfast was not included in the room price. No shampoo and old fan in the bathroom

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

The hotel is nicely located at walking distance from all main attractions in Prague viz.Charles Bridge, the river, Wenceleslas Square, Old Town Sqaure.We stayed in a family suit room from where we could see Prague Castle and surrounding beautiful area by just oppening automatic glass roof! Our room was very spacious with all the amenities except tea maker in the room.I will recommend this hotel and particularly 4th floor rooms facing Prague Castle.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms facing Prague Castle.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Donegal Town, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

Our first impression was of friendly helpful staff which prevailed for the duration of our three night stay and extended to the restaurant and household staff who always wore a smile. The room was spacious clean and well equipped beds comfortable and we experienced no noise problems. The bar area just off the main reception was attractive but small and a place for a quiet drink rather than for the party animal ! We were within an easy walk of all the main city center attractions and found the local people welcoming and again friendly to deal with from every aspect. For location and price alone this is a top hotel but maybe a little short of our expectations of 5star in western Europe but still can highly recommend ... Go and enjoy a special city

Room Tip: Our room was in the roof and although had no view (as the windows were velux ) the beautiful wood be...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends