“Mandarin oriental Prague”

Mandarin Oriental, Prague
Ranked #23 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 16 August 2012

This is a fabulous new hotel on the quiet side of the Charles bridge which I much prefer for a location in Prague. The rooms are beautifully appointed as are the georgous bathrooms. The rooms are on the small side though. The breakfast was great with a lot of service. I used the spa and enjoyed it but not the best massage I've ever had I would say good. The concierge thomas was excellent and sent us to the best restaurants

Room Tip: Ask to have exposure to the gardens in the back
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Susan L
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of our hotel with the TripAdvisor community. I am thrilled to read that you have enjoyed the room and breakfast, as well as the ambience of our Spa building; rest assured that your compliments have been shared with our staff. I certainly hope to welcome you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague in the future.

Best wishes,

There are newer reviews for Mandarin Oriental, Prague

Reviewed 16 August 2012

Can't be beat. Ideal location, simultaneously secluded and in the center of things. Steps from the end of the Charles Bridge and a major tram stop from which several lines lead to the nearest Metro station, up the hill to the castle and easy connections to everywhere else. Also steps from dozens of cozy cafes, restaurants and shops that are just as nice as the ones on Wenceslas Square without the mobs. The property is a converted monastery and the update has retained the uniqueness, charm and tranquility of the original. No noisy nighttime street singers or traffic noises like in the Old Town, just a retreat to your own peaceful monastery garden. Breakfast served in a series of low vaulted rooms full of atmosphere is particularly nice. The service is on that genuinely friendly, call-you-by-name and let-us-pamper-you level typical of a Mandarin Oriental. Recommended without hesitation.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Tom C

Dear Guest,

First, let me thank you for taking the time to share so eloquently your impressions of your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague. I am honored to have welcomed you as our guest at Mandarin Oriental, Prague this summer. I am also happy to read that you have enjoyed our lovely neighbourhood, the monastic atmosphere of our hotel, and our staff doing their best every day to assure comfortable and pleasant stay for our guests. I have shared your review with my colleagues who were as delighted as I.

Thank you again; I sincerely hope to welcome you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague soon.

My warmest regards,

Reviewed 14 August 2012

We recently spent four nights at this hotel and were very dissappointed. I admit my expectations were high, but I don't think inappropriate considering we were paying approximately $1000.00 per night for two rooms. Our 3 college aged kids shared one room, which was suppose to be a triple. We paid an extra 150 euros per night for a cot. My husband and I had to change rooms twice. The first room was over the service entrance and we were woken up at 5am by the beeping of garbage truck and other deliveries. The air conditioning did not work properly in the second room. When we mentioned this to the front desk, they acknowledged that was a problem with that particular room. Then why did they move us there when there were other rooms available? Other complaints:1. Breakfast was the exact same every day; 2. there is no inviting common space and really lobby at all; 3 the outdoor dining space is right next to the car valet area; the spa charges to use the sauna and hot tub even if you are having a $200 treatment.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Liza6165
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Great service in a beautiful neighborhood make doing business in Prague a joy. It has everything you'd want from an upscale hotel except a pool. Service is doting. Food at the restaurant is an eclectic mix of Asian, Indian and local Czech. Exactly what you'd expect from a Mandarin property.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your exprience with Mandarin Oriental, Prague with the TripAdvisor community. We were proud to have our service described as doting, and thank you for all your other warm comments. I trully hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the future, perhaps on a leisure trip next time.

With my best regards,

Reviewed 9 August 2012

I was here for 3 nights and cannot really fault the place, the staff are outstanding and offer an incredibly high level of service. The rooms are perfect and the hotel's location is ideal. Regular users of the Mandarin chain will be used to these exceptional standards and a stay here will not disappoint.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank HenryAbott

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for sharing your views of your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague. I am delighted to read that your stay with us was comfortable and pleasant. Our guest’s satisfaction – manifested in reviews such as yours - is our best reward.

Thank you again; I truly hope to welcome you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague in the future.

Sincerely yours,