All reviews city centre tram tickets rick steves guidebook beautiful monastery brewery restaurant great beer an excellent place to stay the hotel reception historical building stayed two nights breakfast selection rooms are clean large room wi fi the ground floor convenient location good size
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

In a Very convenient location which is close to airport and city center you say in a historical building aligned with prague spirit. Walk to tram station is 3 mins and airport is 15 mins by taxi.
Rooms are clean and warm but breakfast can be more strong.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Everything about this place encourages you to feel calm and relaxed. The simple clean white interior and the elegant simplicity of the rooms. I had a lovely big bed with huge pillows. Very simple but tasteful decor. My shower was brilliant and the bathroom a good size. Breakfast made me smile, with options including Black Forest gateaux. The dining area looked lovely with daffodils on the table. It would have been nice to have a bit more fresh fruit and nut options but all in all it was still very good. Sadly the only small complaint was the reception staff. On arrival and departure they were both brusque and unsmiling, neither asking me to enjoy my stay or if my visit had been enjoyable. This was a little bit disappointing, especially as my first and last impressions of the place. Other than that, just lovely!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
RMANAK, Manager at Hotel Adalbert, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Thank you for your post and review. I understand, unfortunately, your dissatisfaction about which you are writing and I will try to correct everything.
Roman

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

The Adalbert is located at a Monastery, which provides a beautiful setting and atmosphere. The room was quite spacious and comfortable, except that my wife didn’t care for the pillows (no problem for me). The breakfasts were excellent and the staff was wonderful. The restaurant on the premises was one of the favorites on our trip. We did have some trouble sleeping due to the bells ringing every 15 minutes, which prompted us to change hotels for our last two days. Getting into and around town was very easy, once we got the tram wired. I would absolutely stay there again.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2017

We arrived by car from Germany with the wonderful aid of GPS. Once at the hotel we parked our car in the central courtyard and there it remained until our departure. We only stayed two nights. Our room was on the ground floor in a corner. It was a huge room with an entrance way, large vaulted ceiling bedroom and a large sunken bathroom. Wifi was free and easy to connect to. There was a TV and a mini bar ( discovered later). I think I slept best in this bed on my whole 15 day trip. Breakfast is included and was quite a banquet- pastries, bread, eggs, fruit, cheese, meats. We arrived late afternoon the first day and opted to eat at the adjacent restaurant. It was rich with ambiance and offered classic Czech dishes. We were lucky to get the last table on a Thursday evening. George at the front desk the next morning was wonderful and his English was good. We got a day card for public transportation for 110 kronas ( $5). The tram stop for the #22 is right outside the monastery. The ticket is validated on the tram ( box time and date stamp). We also got a map of the public transportation system which proved invaluable with the different lines and names of stops. We basically hopped on the tram after breakfast and explored Prague non stop and did not return to the hotel till 12 hours later. The public transportation ticket is also valid for the cable car up Petrin hill. The place itself is beautiful surrounded by lakes and greenery. It is so full of ambiance and character. We absolutely loved this place. Sorry our visit was so short.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank JBDAVIS
Reviewed 29 September 2017

This place is certainly different! It's situated on the airport side of the city and a taxi to get there costs approx. £15. It's not in the city centre, but the trams run more or less every 10 minutes and take about 15 minutes to get to the centre (or 10 to the castle entrance). Set in beautiful grounds with two lakes, and well back from the busy road, it's a haven of peace and tranquillity. The walls are very thick and the ceilings high, allowing for good air flow, even when the heating is on (we turned it on at night and were able to regulate it to our satisfaction). Our room was really spacious, as was the adjacent shower, and there was an entrance lobby to both. There was a very good selection of foods for breakfast, especially in the pastry department (though the coffee was from a machine as seems to be the case in many hotels now, and so was the only thing that disappointed). Staff were friendly and helpful. There is an atmospheric restaurant just across the courtyard and a bar in a cavernous room across from the church. We really felt we had made a brilliant choice here.

Date of stay: September 2017